Is there a way to permanently delete the fox news browser channel and the accuweather ... BlackBerry Bold forum

millerhe1968 no está en línea Stack level 2

Browser channels?

Advertisement

Is there a way to permanently delete the fox news browser channel and the accuweather browser channel? I can delete them via highlighting them then menu and delete channel but in few hourss they are back and I have to re-delete them.would like a more permanent way to accomplish this.Any ideas>
    Unlocked Blackberry Torch 9810. On T-mobile.

gumby430 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23e5e4d6
    Did you go through applications in setting and delete them from there?

lentobeans no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    30B32231
    I have had the same issue on my 8830. Any out there find a fix yet? I appreciate the help. I forgot to mention that I did not load it like a regular app and cannot see it using DM or in my application list on the device.
    Last edited by lentobeans; 06-30-2009 at 10:42 PM. Reason: forgot to mention...

Quote Originally Posted by gumby430 View Post
    Did you go through applications in setting and delete them from there?
    Depends on which application area you are speaking of,Ifyou mean in the downloads folder where they keep coming to thenyes, even diabled wap push in browser settings and still come back.Really irritating at this point . I just cant seem to find where the browser channels are to permanently delete em.I use weathereye so dont need the accuweather and fox news just gives me alerts on stupid fluff pieces anyway so would like to get them gone.Anyone successfully deleted them permanently. But I have not found any reference to them in the application list under settings.

Quote Originally Posted by lentobeans View Post
    I have had the same issue on my 8830. Any out there find a fix yet? I appreciate the help. I forgot to mention that I did not load it like a regular app and cannot see it using DM or in my application list on the device.
    Same here its just been there since I got the bold it just downloads them again a few hours later if I delete them so its a push I think but cant seem to find whats requesting the updates.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    just leave them alone, they have nothing to do with the phone, now if you have the icons on your applications you need to go to the site and turn your subscription off...
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)