So when I have a mobile connection and a wifi, my browser I thought was ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Browser behavior

Advertisement

So when I have a mobile connection and a wifi, my browser I thought was smat enough to the wifi but I don't think it is. I browse wayyyy faster when I turn off the mobile network. This leads me to believe that I'm still using the edge(no 3g). What indication is there that I am using wifi and not the att edge?

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh yeah, I am using the bold of course with stock 167
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue95z View Post
    This leads me to believe that I'm still using the edge(no 3g). What indication is there that I am using wifi and not the att edge?
    There is a problem with WiFi connectivity, it's been documented in some of the reviews, and I personally had the same problem with my Bold. It's hard to get it to connect, then it drops the connection quickly. AT&T tech support acknowledged it but have no fix yet.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    My WiFi seems to be working perfectly. It has not dropped once and if the indication that it is on WiFi(WiFi symbol in white) is correct then it is using WiFi while i am at home all the time.

adamjay79 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have WiFi connected right now in my house to my Bold. I turned off the mobile network. The phone says it is connected to WiFi with a good signal. When I go to try and visit a webpage, I get an error saying " The radio on the device is currently turned off or the battery is too low for the radio to be used. As a result, the browser cannot retrieve any web pages."

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Karpfish24 View Post
    My WiFi seems to be working perfectly. It has not dropped .
    Congratulations. I'm glad to hear that you got lucky. Celebrate that yours works. Several people I know outside of PinStack that bought the Bold had the same problems I did. When they called tech support they too were told its a known issue with no fix yet. They returned theirs and went back to the Curve. Since some had already sold their old Curves they got new ones. AT&T has the Curve 8310 for only $79.99
    sent via BlackBerry 8310 - the one that works..