I was installing a new beta OS and for some reason it froze (i'm currently ... BlackBerry Bold forum

firepowr no está en línea Stack level 1

brick'd my bold

Advertisement

I was installing a new beta OS and for some reason it froze (i'm currently using Windows 7 beta, I was able to upgrade my OS before and it worked fine). But then it got stuck at the "initializing device" for over an hour.

I had to pull the plug. So now my computer doesn't recognize my phone. I get the Unknown Pin issue. I went on the forums and searched around and found steps to unbrick the phone for that type of issue. I'm able to get the apploader to detect my phone. I go through the process of selecting my apps to install when I click on finish the apploader shows that it's loading the JVM. (The status bar doesn't indicate the progress.) It started off as an arrow and now it shows a check mark, but it's frozen like this for over an hour.

I've followed the instructions step by step and it seems to be going nowhere. I'm not sure if its suppose to take this long to load or that my phone is completely F*ck'd. Any help would be appreciated.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    You might want to try doing it on a computer that's not running a beta OS. That could be your problem. I don't think I've seen anyone trying this process on the new windows beta. I could be wrong though.
    ~via smartphone~

firepowr no está en línea Stack level 1
    Looks like the the Windows 7 is the cause. But here's the deal. The .234 Beta OS doesn't work with the Win 7 Beta. It freezes at the "Loading JVM" part.

I uninstalled .234 and loaded .216 and everything installs just fine. What a relief. I hope this helps others who gets into the same predicament.

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Glad you figured it all out.
    ~via smartphone~