Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I bought a new BB Bold on the Internet auction. But when I tried to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

zdrapka no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold's PIN suspended/switched off

Advertisement

I bought a new BB Bold on the Internet auction. But when I tried to register it at Polish BB cell phone network I came accross a problem: there was a message saying "PIN is currently suspended or switched off".
    My Bold doesn't have SIMLOCK.
    I found out (from ALT+SHIFT+H) that Vendor ID is Singtel, so I guess that the phone travelled from Singapur to the UK, then to Czechia and finally to me (Poland).

Can you do something and help me? I will be very grateful to you :-)
    I have read the posts concerning this matter, but I still haven't registered my Bold in BIS :-(

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    The PIN needs to be "released" from the current network and then you can activate it or use BIS.

You will need to contact the previous owner and request the call their service provider and release the PIN or login to their BIS and activate a new device.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

What if contacting someone in Singapur is impossible (which surely is)?
    People from BB Help told me to ask Sintel to release the PIN. Do you think it will help?

What if the Bold has been stolen? Does it matter? Or solution is the same: find the original owner or contact original provider?

KalebsDad78 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask
    You can request that they release it and they might. Some do, some don't. It could possibly be stolen but just because it is telling you it suspended, doesn't necessarily mean it is stolen.
    New User? - Read the NEW USERS GUIDE

Thank you sir. I will try to convince them to unlock the PIN.
    :-)

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    I would think it had been stolen. None of the bbs I've sold have ever had that problem~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

RedNightHawk no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    I would think it had been stolen. None of the bbs I've sold have ever had that problem~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    It isn't necessarily stolen. Some people just don't know to clear the PIN for the next person. If they *Gasp* didn't get another BB they might not have cleared the old PIN by setting up their new device. A fair number of eBay phones wind up with this problem, which makes me wonder why RIM doesn't come up with a solution for it.

Generally if it is stolen the IMEI will be flagged by the provider and you'll have difficulty getting it unlocked for use on another provider.

EDIT: Actually, the Suspended/Switched off message is suspect - maybe a preproduction one that got iced when they became available for sale?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    It could be anything, but most people who sell old bb's dont have issues because u go in and login to ur bis to register your new device and that will automatically release the pin.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    As soon as I saw suspended I thought back to RIM suspending the pins of presale devices.... This may be the case. RIM has been known to release them when asked.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

1. A person from help@blackberry.com told me to contact original provider. He said that RIM can't do it. He didn't say a word that im RIM's database this Bold is marked as stolen.
    2. The message on the BIS web says that PIN is suspended, not IMEI. Beside that you can change IMEI but PIN you can't.
    3. My Bold is brand new. It doesn't look like somebody ever used/configured it for BIS. It has no branding, stickers, logos and so on, and was produced in Hungary. So how can it be PIN-locked? In Poland IMEI locking by the network if the phone is stolen doesn't work yet. But maybe you could check if it is on any blacklists?
    PIN 256B262
    IMEI 355256.02.337238.5

Any more ideas how to explain that?

Thanks everyone so far :-)

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I would return it!

Tell the seller you want your money back.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Do you think that the situation is hopeless?
    Why do you advise that?

I wait for response from SINGTEL. My only hope.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Once i bought an ATT unlocked red 8310 from a seller in the states because rogers hadnt released it yet only to find out i was in the same situation as you.
    What the Rogers tech support people did is that they registered the IMEI of the ATT phone as a Rogers IMEI (like they added it to the rogers database) and that for some reason released the PIN from ATT.
    Now i dont know if they had the right to do that or not but it worked.

Could you please do the same with mine?
    :-)

A Czech doesn't understand the problem. I guess he has never used BIS.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I didnt do anything lol Rogers BB Tech Support did everything for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast