HTML emails are showing as text on my BB Bold even when I've enabled HTML ... BlackBerry Bold forum

R!CoCh3T no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold's HTML Email??

Advertisement

HTML emails are showing as text on my BB Bold even when I've enabled HTML emails. Anyone knows a fix for this?

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by R!CoCh3T View Post
    HTML emails are showing as text on my BB Bold even when I've enabled HTML emails. Anyone knows a fix for this?
    Assuming that you are on BIS, your provider also needs to upgrade their software before you can receive HTML emails
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

Quote Originally Posted by sinkers View Post
    Assuming that you are on BIS, your provider also needs to upgrade their software before you can receive HTML emails

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    And if you are on BES, it needs to be running version 4.5, it is a twosided solution.

jonnyxedge no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    28A4ED28
    it really is, i have 4.5 on my pearl, and i'm on my companies bes. they've also updated the bie to 2.5 so more bis email is html and my bes email is still text
    The BlackBerry Guru

[x] My Minds Eye - Life Behind The Lens Of A BlackBerry
    [x] Pinstack Blog
    [x] Twitter

I was using the Curve prior to my Bold. & my Curve received HTML emails with no problem with OS 4.5. I had not switched carrier ever since. Does the BIS need to be upgraded again to support OS 4.6 HTML emails?

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by R!CoCh3T View Post
    I was using the Curve prior to my Bold. & my Curve received HTML emails with no problem with OS 4.5. I had not switched carrier ever since. Does the BIS need to be upgraded again to support OS 4.6 HTML emails?
    I do not think so.

I too had HTML with my Curve and now I have HTML with my Bold. I am on Vodafone (UK)
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    If you used the migration wizard then the account may have gotten messed up. When I moved to my Bold from my curve, I lost my HTML email. I had to delete my BIS email accounts, I then used the email setup from the Bold to add my email accounts and my HTML email came back. If it is the BES email that is not working, you may want to reactivate the account or have the service books resent.

LaBeaver no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No html email on my Bold

No happiness here. Have yet to get my Bold to receive html email after 3 days. I did use the migration assistant to move things from my 8310 (I'm on the ATT network). I have deleted and resent my service books numerous times. Have also deleted all my accounts and recreated them on the BIS website, but still, no html email. Lastly, I deleted the accounts, logged out, and recreated all my accounts using the Bold's setup utility. Still, no html email. I am really stumped on this one, and appaently so is ATT. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them two nights ago only to be told they didn't "have documentation" that indicated the Bold even supports html email, just as the iPhone does not - huh? I quickly pointed out the iPhone does indeed, as did my 8310, that my Bold has the settings for it, and that his answer was unacceptable. That's ATT's BlackBerry support. Niccce. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

PIN/ID
    207B2FF0
    Two things I would suggest.
    The first is very easy, under Email, select Options,Email Settings. Scroll to the bottom ang check to see if HTML email is turned on.
    Second suggest would be a last ditch effort. A lot of people have had issues using the migration tool. make a list of all your third party software. TThere are instructions somewhere for backing up 3rd party programs). Wipe your phone them manually install your programs. Seems a lot of people have had issues with the migration tool. I believe it doesn't handle the changes in the OS properly.
    No electrons were hurt in the making of this post.

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3
    I looked under the options, email settings, I did not see the option to turn on html.
    Swede

Swede no está en línea Stack level 3
    Resent service books, did the trick. Thanks
    Swede

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Resent service books, did the trick. Thanks
    Swede, what carrier are you with?

html email fix here

Quote Originally Posted by LaBeaver View Post
    No happiness here. Have yet to get my Bold to receive html email after 3 days. I did use the migration assistant to move things from my 8310 (I'm on the ATT network). I have deleted and resent my service books numerous times. Have also deleted all my accounts and recreated them on the BIS website, but still, no html email. Lastly, I deleted the accounts, logged out, and recreated all my accounts using the Bold's setup utility. Still, no html email. I am really stumped on this one, and appaently so is ATT. I spent 20 minutes on the phone with them two nights ago only to be told they didn't "have documentation" that indicated the Bold even supports html email, just as the iPhone does not - huh? I quickly pointed out the iPhone does indeed, as did my 8310, that my Bold has the settings for it, and that his answer was unacceptable. That's ATT's BlackBerry support. Niccce. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    Well, I finally got html fixed here. For the record, I am on the ATT network, and their support staff (locally and over the phone) were virtually useless. Also, this appears to be a sporadic problem, but not carrier specific. The fix - for me - was to delete all service books, set my BIS account to a previous BB device (diff PIN and IMEI), create a new BIS account (different username), re-create all the email accounts, and finally resend the service books. All after spending days looking for and trying different solutions. I read one post whereby a user had contacted RIM support and did essentially the same thing, but were able to re-use his pre-existing user account. I wasn't married to mine so wasn't too worried about creating something different; you may be, which may require a call to RIM (via your carrier so as to avoid a support charge). I hope this helps.

Addendum

Quote Originally Posted by LaBeaver View Post
    Well, I finally got html fixed here. For the record, I am on the ATT network, and their support staff (locally and over the phone) were virtually useless. Also, this appears to be a sporadic problem, but not carrier specific. The fix - for me - was to delete all service books, set my BIS account to a previous BB device (diff PIN and IMEI), create a new BIS account (different username), re-create all the email accounts, and finally resend the service books. All after spending days looking for and trying different solutions. I read one post whereby a user had contacted RIM support and did essentially the same thing, but were able to re-use his pre-existing user account. I wasn't married to mine so wasn't too worried about creating something different; you may be, which may require a call to RIM (via your carrier so as to avoid a support charge). I hope this helps.
    I should add that this may also have been related to using the migration wizard within the BB Desktop Mgr (v4.6). I did use it to migrate all the settings from my 8310. Unfortunately, I cannot say with certainty that it was a factor, but having read some posts to that effect, I felt it prudent to mention, although I can say that after wiping the device once, it did not resolve the issue after re-sending the service books (from the original BIS account). Nevertheless, a possiblity worth considering.