Here's an article I picked up off the financial wire I found somewhat interesting. Goes ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Erievon no está en línea Awaiting email verification
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Bold's Build Cost

Advertisement

Here's an article I picked up off the financial wire I found somewhat interesting.

Goes into the detailed cost for RIMM to build the Bold, as well as it's financial impact (and storm and flip) to RIMM. Little bit of financial/stock analysis at the end too. Interesting read if you're into that stuff (as I am).

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/oct2008/tc20081015_475494.htm?chan=technology_technology+i ndex+page_top+stories

Since I'm not a level II, I can't paste it as a link. Maybe another member would be so kind as to check it and then re-post it as a link for convenience.
    Last edited by jblackfish; 10-16-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: post actual address

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Damn.. More than I thought... The bold feels pretty good in the hands... But it still feels "squishy"... Only very slightly... Specifically the "back" and "menu" buttons...

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    My next upgrade with AT&T is not until the end of March (so I'm one of the few that probably doesn't mind all these delays). Being as the time is within sight, I can't justify (to my wife) paying for an unlocked version now. But it would be nice if they would at least release it so I can play with it myself and decide if that's truly what I want, so I can either continue dreaming, or move on to dreaming about some other BB yet to come.

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    I kinda wish I DIDNT know how much they cost to build !! lol

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I see hunsbands that always talk about their wives getting angry at purchases... Esp electronics... What's wit that??? She can buy all the makeup she wants... Jus let the man buy his toys...

via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    Ask
    I'm lucky in this respect, my wife had her Blackberry before I did, and it was her that demanded we go buy the big screen TV as we were browsing in Best Buy one random day last year.

I really can see her point about waiting for a subsidized bold, even I can admit that spending 400-500 more to have it a few months early would be a bad move in my particular circumstances. Now if <oops> I killed my current berry tomorrow she'd probably go buy an unlocked one for me as a surprise. She rocks like that.
    Last edited by Erievon; 10-16-2008 at 01:54 PM.

buton no está en línea Stack level 2
    interesting....Here in monterrey mexico, a EMS company named celestica is making the BOLD...

stmcgill no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    2104EBA8
    I guess we have to remember marketing, staff wages, development, buildings etc. etc. on top of that price.
    Shaun McGill
    www.pda-247.com
    Blackberry, Symbian, iPhone, Windows Mobile, Android etc. etc.
    PIN: 2104EBA8