OK...when I had my old curve I had the extended battery....on this new one, I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID

Bold's Battery?

Advertisement

OK...when I had my old curve I had the extended battery....on this new one, I didn't get it...and the battery lasts me the better of the day....average phone use (talking) and constant SMS, Beejive always running, BBM through the day along with internet use...

How is the Bold's battery holding up? The main reason I am sick of extended batteries is because I am tired of never having cases to fit with the extended battery....so I'd like to avoid a larger battery.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    OK...when I had my old curve I had the extended battery....on this new one, I didn't get it...and the battery lasts me the better of the day....average phone use (talking) and constant SMS, Beejive always running, BBM through the day along with internet use...

How is the Bold's battery holding up? The main reason I am sick of extended batteries is because I am tired of never having cases to fit with the extended battery....so I'd like to avoid a larger battery.
    The bold's battery life depends on every single user. Honestly ive seen people have HORRIBLE battery life and other people get AMAZING battery life (2 full days). Thank god im in the 2nd group.
    So yeah you have to give it a try and see.
    Usually i find that it finishes the day and needs to be charged overnight for the next day for most people.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Supposedly, an updated OS helps as well, as I've read in many forums.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    I have tried most of the new OS as they came out on my Rogers Bold and they did little to greatly increase or decrease my battery life. I come home with at least 50% left at the end of the day. From the sounds of your use, you need to likely get an extra charger and maybe top off while eating lunch or another time. You coverage will greatly effect your battery use also. Poor coverage will yield poor battery and 3G performance.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    I stand corrected.

bga123 no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm a heavy user and at the end of the day I have about 15% left. What does bug me is that the battery charges super slow compared to my old 8820.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    there are slim extended batteries... one by seidio (1650mah) and one by BC(1700mah)...

i went for the 1700mah by bc... they are the same price... unfortunately, i cant say i notice a difference because ive been doing OS upgrades at the same time... i can kill the battery in 12 hrs... but i pound on my phone...
    torched!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am lucky to get 8 hours on my Bold. I am an extremely heavy user. 380 emails today alone.

Light BlackBerry Messenger, MSN, SMS

But I use about 4500 minutes a month.

At first I thought I had a bad battery, so I fully charged it, and let it sit. The battery lasted 4 days with extremely light use.

I know my battery is good.

I have chargers everywhere, in my car, at my office, USB cable for my notebook. I am constantly topping off the battery

That is the price I pay for 3G, but I don't regret it.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Oh wow that's bad Ge!!!

Hmmm...if I get an extended battery I will have to get a full one...can 't pay for a battery and not get the full one...lol...

Thanks for the info.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah mine lasts me about a full day which is what I got with all my other BB's anyway.

kidwell61 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2174C23C
    Compared to my 8310 I can easily say that I have 25% more battery life with the bold. The big killer for me is the WIFI, but this is with any phone. I live in a 2G area but that is what the 8310 worked on also. So I am very pleased with the faster processor and the better screen to still have better battery life. I text email and call all day and have bt on for at least 7-8 hours. Still manage to have battery at the end of the night. Its Awesome!!!!!

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Curve did have a better battery life, but concerting most users are able to charge every night while sleeping, i dont see it as a huge problem, depending how heavy i use mine , i can get 1.5 - 3 full days before my battery is done. for emergency i always keep a USB AA charger just incase im caught on the road in stuck in town.