Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i tired it... unfortunately, its not finding my phone... my DM cant find the PIN ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ohnoitsella no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

i tired it... unfortunately, its not finding my phone... my DM cant find the PIN for the bold... so i cant finish the steps

nope, still not working

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Try and download JL_cmdr from here on the stacks don't start DM and run it to see if it will find your device. If it does wipe it and go for a fresh reinstall. You can read how to use it here. If nothing else is working I don't know if this will but give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Try and download JL_cmdr from here on the stacks don't start DM and run it to see if it will find your device. If it does wipe it and go for a fresh reinstall. You can read how to use it here. If nothing else is working I don't know if this will but give it a shot.
    sorry for being a pain, but where would i go to find JL_cmdr so i can d/l it?

well i did do it...

and it didn't work... wow the bold has alot of problems.. this sucks cuz i didn't get it throught att store.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Have you tried taking your BF's battery and putting it in your device?

yes i did.... My battery works in his phone fine.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    To me it sounds like its the device and nothing to do with software. Maybe someone else has more ideas but I am at a loss. Even if you didn't get it from ATT you should be able to return it to where ever you got it. You might try calling BB support and see if they have any ideas.

thanks for all your help.

the flashes are in a pattern. it goes.... flash pause flash flash flash flash pause.

its a code but i just dont know what that means...

winryan no está en línea Stack level 1

Did you ever find a solution?

I'm having this same flash pause flash flash flash flash activity and can't do anything with my blackberry...won't connect to computer at all etc. Did you find any more information about this or fix your phone?

mcubed no está en línea Stack level 3
    i know its a long shot but try taking out the sim card and then put the sim back in
    my bold would not start up and when i did that it worked....if the sim is loose and not making great contact it can effect the phone

winryan no está en línea Stack level 1

I believe the problem is worse than that :(

I think I found information about the blinking code sequence which is flash pause flash flash flash flash (this equals 101111) in binary and after searching for days and days I found a forum posting of what these codes stand for. This one is "Flash Write Failure" and the poster of that message suggests "replacing flash" so I'm not sure if they mean the actual flash memory IC chip or a software flash of some kind, although the software flash is not possible at the moment by anything I can do because the a computer will not respond to the device being connected in any way. So I'm assuming they are talking about replacing the actual IC on the board. If anyone has any experience with this help would be appreciated. It would really take a guru to know this though and those are usually technicians in shops that wouldln't want to share this info

Pretty much there is no way to fix it. I had to go through warrenty for ATT. So hopefully you have insurance or your still in warrenty.

scottdw77 no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb

Happened on my new Bold as well... first time I put it on the charger overnight. I finally got it to turn on in the morning after connecting to my PC for a few minutes. The battery was completely drained. Happened again tonight and I figured out why. I had upgraded from a Curve and used the same charger I was using on it (not the one that came with it, but actually for a bluetooth headset). It turns out that charger only output 0.18A, while the charger included with the Bold outputs 0.7A. The other charger must not have been enough to keep it going. Thought maybe this might help resolve one of the root causes for this.

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    ok i this will work, in the case of the devices that will not turn on back after the battery went really dead or if it falls and wont turn on...if your getting a red led steady or blinding led, or in the case of yu trying to charge it up and it keep blinking a screen of a battery with a charging symbol, well it means it isnt charging...well i think the device has a onboard backup, which maybe drained hence the software doesnt have enough juice to tell the device to load.. kool

ok solving it you may try pulling the battery out... plug it to your pc, you will see a steady red led, give it about 2 mins, then without pulling it off the pc insert the battery and the backing, wait a next 4-5mins, it will auto startup
    hey i think it may be a issue where the device is drained full of power,this issue crashes Sony ericsson's it is the same problem, dont go crazy.. it isnt a crash for Rim...just a really dead device
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12