Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My bold froze when it give me a message, locking handheld please wait. I did ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ohnoitsella no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold Won't Turn On... Help!

Advertisement

My bold froze when it give me a message, locking handheld please wait. I did not want my phone to lock. So i took the battery out to restart the phone. Unfortunately, My phone wont turn back on. When i put the battery in, the notification light wont stop flashing red. What should i do to bypass this? Please help!!!!

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Connect it to your computer and start up Desktop Manager. I hope you have back it up, because you might have to load a current back up!

Let us know what the results are.........
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

Quote Originally Posted by stnkyq2 View Post
    Connect it to your computer and start up Desktop Manager. I hope you have back it up, because you might have to load a current back up!

Let us know what the results are.........
    okay, when i get home i will try. but negative havent load it up before =/! what would happen if i didn't load it up before?

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you don't have a backup, you may have to start from scratch with a new operating system, meaning you would lose some or all current data (messages, phone logs, etc). I am pretty sure, though, that I have reloaded the OS and kept some of the info. Let us know if you need help reinstalling the OS.
    By the way, how long did you leave the battery out? You might try leaving it out a few minutes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by drjamie03 View Post
    If you don't have a backup, you may have to start from scratch with a new operating system, meaning you would lose some or all current data (messages, phone logs, etc). I am pretty sure, though, that I have reloaded the OS and kept some of the info. Let us know if you need help reinstalling the OS.
    By the way, how long did you leave the battery out? You might try leaving it out a few minutes. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I dont know how to restalling the OS. I have most of my info on my Pearl so i will back up that information to restore it in my bold.

I read a post, and someone had the same issue im having. She left her battery out for a few hours and then she put the battery back in. Her phone loaded up again and everything is fine. Yes did leave the battery out for a few minutes and nothing =(! Right now i have the battery out and i'm trying what that girl did.

unfortunately i'm here in school and i'm not home. So when i get home, I will definitely try the DM and see if that works.

but how would i restall the OS? if you dont mind =) THANK YOU so much!!!!!!

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Try connecting your blackberry to the computer when the DM is running, and see what happens.... Last time mine was acting funny, I connected it and it turned right on..... I believe sometimes when you threaten it with a fresh install it will act correctly...... JK....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    ohnoitsella:
    Go to your carriers site and download it from there.. You can also go to Blackberry dot com from your PC and download the current OS for the Bold and download/ install it to your PC and then load the DM; plug in your device and click on App loader.... It will work from there...

ohnoitsella:
    Go to your carriers site and download it from there.. You can also go to Blackberry dot com from your PC and download the current OS for the Bold and download/ install it to your PC and then load the DM; plug in your device and click on App loader.... It will work from there...
    Thank you soooooo much. I will let you know what happens after i do this. I really appreciate all your guys help!

I will keep you guys posted!

Try connecting your blackberry to the computer when the DM is running, and see what happens.... Last time mine was acting funny, I connected it and it turned right on..... I believe sometimes when you threaten it with a fresh install it will act correctly...... JK....

lol i just noticed this message! that was awesome

When you're ready to reinistall (if you have to do that), here are the instructions for doing so:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...lackberry-929/

I don't know if you will have success loading the info from your Pearl, but it's worth a shot. I was able to use info from my 8820 on my Bold, so it may work.

well when i got home i took the battery out and plugged the phone into the computer. I get the same flashing light... so its not the battery, its the phone.... so im assuming i have to reinstall the OS. but i cant find the CD to the desktop manager. can i told the the desktop manager on blackberry.com?

You can download the desktop manager here:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22

You may want to exchange the phone or call AT&T if possible, especially if reloading the OS doesn't work.

Well i plugged in my phone and its not finding my phone... i plugged in my pearl and the DM found my pearl. What do i do next?

i also plugged in my bf bold and it also found his device. For some reason i think my phone is locked up or something...

Have a look at this thread for info on how to reinstall when Desktop manager won't recognize your device:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...onnected-5178/

I had to use those instructions once and it did work for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast