Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I need help my Bold is just dead. Pull out battery, nothing. I don't even ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Rob113 no está en línea Stack level 2

BOLD WONT TURN ON

Advertisement

I need help my Bold is just dead.

Pull out battery, nothing. I don't even get a red LED when I put it in my wall charger. It's just gone!
    Last edited by jblackfish; 05-05-2009 at 11:06 AM. Reason: remove all caps

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Leave it on the charger for about 30 minutes. Mine went dead over night and this happened to me. It just needs some juice.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    BHP is right, they pull a lot of juice and won't even fire up if the battery is low, give it a good charge and see what happens.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    The same thing happened to my 8900 when I had it. A long charge did the trick for me as well.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Give it a jump start! Grab the jumper cables from your car and give it a go! J/K

Like everyone else said it just takes some juice to get it going

calibur no está en línea Stack level 3
    instead of starting up another thread, this seems to be happening to me.

my story : 45 minutes ago, i noticed that my [bold] phone battery was at 30% life (im assuming the actually battery life was at 25% because the theme tends to leave that 5% out) and it was getting warmed.

So i turned it off the regular way. By going into menu, and selecting full power off.

After i did that and made sure the phone was completely off. I pulled the battery and let it sit next to the phone so it would cool down.

After it cooled down, i put the battery back in. The Red LED stay lite for 5 seconds...goes dead. And then the phone boots up ( the keyboard turns on, and the so does the screen with the hourglass ) and dies off.

Now, im kind of concern here because i got a trip i gotta go in 7 hours and i need the phone.

(edited)
    it will auto reboot by it self. btw.
    I read that the bold takes alot of juice to boot up, and it was suggested that i leave it charging on the wall outlet for 30 minutes - 2 hours.

So far, the 30 minutes has done nothing.

I will be going to the ATT exchange service in town and test its battery to determine if it is my faulty battery. after the trip and before work. ( i went last week to exchange my original bold for another due to faulty hardware )

I can't go to sleep with all this in my head, or do you think there is any other program that might have cause this?

I have been using the same application in this 2nd bold as it was in the 1st bold and it never died on me or did anything of this sort.

any other suggestions?

Its 1AM....so stuff i say might repeat and im lazy to fix it.
    Last edited by calibur; 06-03-2009 at 05:32 AM.

its now 4:47AM... and its not working yet.. ugh.. "WHY! ahhhhhhh!!" (scream of frustration and goes back to bed...)

PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm betting its a battery issue and not an application or hardware issue.

well, after countless search throughout the web, i found that it was my operating system that caused the error. I found a way to force the application load to open and reload the OS.

I originally had the .267 i believed and it somehow got corrupted. i decided to removed that and put in the ATT OS.

I got the phone running again. so i was surprise that it was the OS and not the battery.

( i didnt go to sleep, i couldnt...i hate when things like this happen. haha)

PIN/ID
    nada
    That is kind of surprising, I'm glad you fixed it.

Hanis no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold wont turn on

Hi Calibur, can you tell me how you forced the application to open to reload the Bold? I took out the battery from my Bold and it died on me. The hourglass icon just keeps spinning but nothing appears. I tried to charge it overnight but the same thing happened, just the hourglass turning away and blinking red. I did not want to send to my telco for repair as i stored some sensitive info in it. Now even my desktop manager cannot detect the pin number or device. What can I do to salvage this device? Thank you.

yinks2011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    help my bold 9000 wont turn on after a battery pull, no red light and phone dead completely.

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Have you tried plugging in your phone and wiping and reloading your OS, even if the devise is not recognized pull the battery and try installing your OS once again, if the process works re-install your battery while it is rebooting. Be sure not to unplug during all of this.

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

yinks2011 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have done that, the phone is totally dead and my pc and jl_cmder wont see it

PapaMag no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Nadda
    Did you add anything new before the battery pull? I know this would be unusual but is there a possiblilty that your battery is toast?

Samsung Galaxy S4
    Asus Nexus 7
    Nook Color

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast