phone is dead! I own three wall chargers and two car chargers for BBerry's and ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Commish no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold will not take a charge

Advertisement

phone is dead! I own three wall chargers and two car chargers for BBerry's and phone would take a charge if you slightly and gently wiggled the charger at the cord and now it won't do anything.

I'm not too happy right now with the switch I made, not at the moment.
    Last edited by Commish; 11-23-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    Sounds like the USB connector on the Bold is loose.

yep, but don't want to crack this week old phone apart and have the AT&T Nazi say it's non-warranty cause I opened and did little surgery. I'll fly in there in the AM and do a swap. guess I'll loose all my app's and software upgrade, there goes another half-day of downloading!

wish'n i had my sync cable here to try it on the phone. Be strange if it would sync/charge on pC but not take a 110/12v charger. Have to try that before I go in AM at my office.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Yep, sound like the USB connector has broke away from the circuit board. Even if you took it apart, unless you have the proper equipment, soldering it back on could no more damage. Best to just get it replaced.

This is why I love the cradel for charging as it does not require using the USB connector and reducing wear on same.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Greg, agree 100%. I have a THBBury Car Kit that will be here tomorrow and I bought the silver desk cradle for the phone as well...that too will arrive tomorrow. Oh well. On to Round #2

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Do not give up on the Bold as it is a great device. I had a friend whos Bold got pused off his desk and it landed on the usb connector and busted it the day he got it from the store!
    Greg
    in Jax, FL