Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by sideswipe14t Awesome thanks a lot for the help, so best bet would ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Yes

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe14t View Post
    Awesome thanks a lot for the help, so best bet would be to call and have rogers block data, then just use a hotspot browser basically?
    That will guarantee it.

Personally, I think you should cough up the $15 a month an get the unlimited email at a minimum.

As RoGro mentioned. What is the point of having a BlackBerry if you can't get email or data?

Is sending text messages with a full keyboard justification for the price of a Bold?

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    I turned off data services and am still able to use wi-fi.

sideswipe14t no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    That will guarantee it.

Personally, I think you should cough up the $15 a month an get the unlimited email at a minimum.

As RoGro mentioned. What is the point of having a BlackBerry if you can't get email or data?

Is sending text messages with a full keyboard justification for the price of a Bold?

i got the bold for free from a friend that works for rogers, so no its not woth the extra money, and im not sure why it really matters to you haha.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    i got the bold for free from a friend that works for rogers, so no its not woth the extra money, and im not sure why it really matters to you haha.
    Congratulations on getting a free Bold. No, it doesn't really matter to us what you do with it. It just seems pointless to have a device like this if you don't intend to use it to its fullest capabilities.

PremierEvent no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

So can I get a confirmation. I want a BB Bold on my prepaid T-Mobile account. I have no intention of ever wanting to get a data plan and want to know if Wi-Fi browsing and apps (like Instango) would be accessible.

I've heard before that web browsing and even Wi-Fi apps sometimes require that "UMA gateway connection" from a data plan in order to even get Wi-Fi to start working.

I want my web-browsing and apps to function on Wi-Fi exclusively. So can anyone confirm by testing the following:
    • Web-browsing (using the BlackBerry Browser and then Opera Mini)
    • JiveTalk/Instango (IM clients)
    Please test those services with the following, one at a time individually:
    • Data Services: Off
    • and then...
    • Mobile Network: Off
    Please list your:
    Carrier
    OS version
    Phone Model (preferably Bold)

I would appreciate it.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Free

RoGro summarized it perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Congratulations on getting a free Bold. No, it doesn't really matter to us what you do with it. It just seems pointless to have a device like this if you don't intend to use it to its fullest capabilities.
    All you have is a phone with a full keyboard. You are completely missing the BlackBerry experience.

WiFi is great if you are constantly in one spot. But you might as well just carry a notebook. I promise you, the experience would be considerably better. Even an iPhone would have been a better choice. Safari is a lot better than the BlackBerry Browser.

sleepyka no está en línea Stack level 1
    8. Delete everything except MMS Transport [WPTCP], Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig], Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP], and MMS Client [MMS]

I've checked everything you said and i noticed that o haven't got mms client [MMS] and mms transport... I would be very grateful if you coud help me.
    Mine bb 9000 bold 've got:
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Browser [BrowserConfig]
    Wi-Fi TCP/IP Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]
    WAP Transport [WAP]
    SiMobil WAP 2.0 SB's [BrowserConfig]
    MMS Config [WAP]
    Wap Push Config[WAPPushConfig]

So what do i have to delete?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12