I want this phone but can't upgrade for another year in 10/28/09. The only way ... BlackBerry Bold forum

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3

bold w/out upgrade

Advertisement

I want this phone but can't upgrade for another year in 10/28/09. The only way to get it for the 299 price is to add a line. And I don't see that happening! How can I get this phone for under 300. I won't pay 500 for it.

hotberry no está en línea Stack level 1
    I am in the same situation as you...

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I would call c/s and sweet talk them into an early upgrade. I'm sure they won't mind another 2 year extention. Give it a try and see.

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4
    I am in the same boat...

Well, I called AT&T sales last night and finally made some headway. They were able to offer me an early upgrade on my wife's line, which is technically eligible 1/2/2009, so the price is $399 less $100 rebate. Mine is not elgible until 11/2/2009. They could not do anything to my line because the eligibilty is far away. Now, how in the heck do I get the additional discounts the guys on the other forums are getting (AT&T upgrade advantage discount of up to $100, a credit to the service part of the bill etc)? I have a premier account and FAN through my employer, but the rep said that there are no other discounts available. I want more discounts. Any ideas? $299 is still a little too rich for my blood as I never spent that much for a device.

Morale of the story, it can't hurt to call and try.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Unfortunately, you have to pay to play. While the Bold is a sweet device, the price of the Curve is pretty darn low through the Premier site. It's showing at $59.99 for a refurb Curve (which is what I've been using for over a year). At that price, it's hard to justify an additional $240 for the Bold.

The other option is to wait. I'm thinking that after the new year, you'll start to see prices drop.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

ld-runner no está en línea Stack level 2
    they can charge $299 for an upgrade and $549 for no contract option for one reason.... it is a BUSINESS device. major companies do not blink at $300 - $500 for a phone.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I paid $549 for mine, because I was not eligable for an upgrade

It is worth every penny.

jakaro no está en línea Stack level 3
    i dont want to spend half of my christmas bonus on a phone although, i hear you can tether it to your pc and use your 3g bold as your internet service on your pc. That would save you from paying another company for internet service! Im just going to have to wait for new year time, i know they will drop after that. That or convince my girlfriend to drop her verizon line with her mom and come to my att and they will give it to me for the 299 price!