View Poll Results: Best Keyboard Bold or Curve?

Voters
43. Register free to vote on this poll
  • I prefer the Curve Keyboard

12 27.91%
  • I believe the Bold Keyboard will be Better

18 41.86%
  • I prefer the 88xx Keyboard

3 6.98%
  • I could care less

10 23.26%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by archer6 Well I certainly qualify for the Addict Label..... So to summarize, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Well I certainly qualify for the Addict Label.....

So to summarize, the good news is I'm hearing that the Bold has a good keyboard, and the bad news is I'm sitting here without one...wow, was I asleep at the switch or what? ....

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers
    You are definately asleep at the switch my friend.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    You are definately asleep at the switch my friend.
    LMAO..... thanks for the best laugh of my day!

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    I went from a single letter key to the double letter key and had no problems switching over. I don't think I will have a problem switching over to the bold.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    I have both units and my opinion is that the Bold Keyboard is much better. Ok, it takes my half an hour to type as fast as on my Curve.

My 2ct
    Peter
    So is there more space between the keys vs the Curve? Is there more space between keys than the 8820?
    Have the 8820 and don't like the keyboard on it, the Curve is fine.
    Hope the Bold fits my hand.

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by OzzieDog View Post
    So is there more space between the keys vs the Curve? Is there more space between keys than the 8820?
    Have the 8820 and don't like the keyboard on it, the Curve is fine.
    Hope the Bold fits my hand.
    No, there is no space between the keys. But the keys are bigger than on the curve.
    Sorry, I have no clue about the 88xx keyboard. But if you read the other posts it seems to be the same.

HTH
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    No, there is no space between the keys. But the keys are bigger than on the curve.
    Sorry, I have no clue about the 88xx keyboard. But if you read the other posts it seems to be the same.
    -
    I have focused on evaluating the Bold keyboard from day one, (first pics, then specs, etc) with a very open mind. I am not being critical nor opinionated, I'm simply researching it as thoroughly as possible prior to getting my hands on one. This because, the keyboard is something I use constantly for many hours each day. I do 100+ msgs per day.

In comparing the dimensions (width) of the Bold, it's just not that much wider than an 88xx series thus the keys will only be a bit larger, just not enough to be significant. Thus the next consideration comes to mind....key shape.

I have learned, after buying virtually every new BlackBerry model since the 7100, that key shape is a huge factor. In fact it's the reason I have bought all these BlackBerrys, is to find the model that I found the best to type quickly on.

Briefly, here is my experience:

1) 7130c
    Great key shape, spacing, and the fastest for a guy like me with big hands. Love SureType
    2) 8700c
    Big keyboard, horrible keyshape. Did not work for me.
    3) 8800
    Side by side keys prevent typing without having to look down. Easy to hit wrong key. Too slow.
    4) 8300 Curve
    Great keyshape- the best. Decent spacing (tight but better than nothing) allow me to type without having to constantly look down on keyboard. Result, my favorite keyboard so far even though it's not the largest, it's the fastest & best.

So where does the Bold fit in?

I will be super happy if it ends up being the best. And if not, well I will be incredibly disappointed.

Only time will tell, I guess I will be forced to wait until they are in the AT&T store to actually try one. I'm crossing my fingers that it will work for me.

sent via what? a BlackBerry! ...
    Last edited by archer6; 08-24-2008 at 04:39 PM.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks Archer6 for info, bottom line I have to wait and see if it is going to work for me. Got my finger crossed.

scrybe no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    I just tried a work colleague's new Bold. I have the Curve. I was doubtful, but after trying it I'm pretty much converted. The Bold is a better keyboard than the Curve -- and miles improved from the 8800.
    Don't let the demo/presentation units in shops fool you -- the real Bolds have a very nice feedback for the fingers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12