View Poll Results: Best Keyboard Bold or Curve?

Voters
43. Register free to vote on this poll
  • I prefer the Curve Keyboard

12 27.91%
  • I believe the Bold Keyboard will be Better

18 41.86%
  • I prefer the 88xx Keyboard

3 6.98%
  • I could care less

10 23.26%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Finally I've located a comparison, (if only a brief comment) between the keyboard on the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

BOLD vs Curve Keyboard?

Advertisement

Finally I've located a comparison, (if only a brief comment) between the keyboard on the Bold, and the Curve keyboard. This has been my biggest concern since seeing the first pictures of the BOLD.

When I compare my 8820 to my 8310, I find the Curve keyboard to be far easier and faster to type on than the larger 8820. Even with large hands I simply like the individual keys that are well spaced apart on the 8310. Whereas the side by side keys on the 8820, as well as the Bold are much harder to distinguish between. I can type on the 8310 without looking at the keyboard which is a huge advantage.

An excerpt from the review:

" It takes a little longer to get used to typing on the Bold's keyboard than the Curve's, but we were able to achieve reasonable speeds after just a couple of hours."

Share your thoughts on this.

Source

Cheers...
    Last edited by archer6; 08-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Lately I've been getting annoyed with my Curve's keyboard, so I had to say that I think the Bold's keyboard will be a bit better. I'd be happy to hear how the Jave's keyboard is, though.

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    I'm going to say the Bold's keyboard will be better. I think I will prefer the side by side keys.
    "Who Dares Wins"

mendez777 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    219D98AA
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I'm sorry guys but after 4.5 os coming SureType is faster than others BB.

I had challenge with 8310 and 8800 friends and I won easy with my 8100.....

theuprightman24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I don't really think I can comment until I have one.

Which ever phone I have I can always type fairly fast or fast enough.

I do hope that the Bolds keyboard will have some improvements over the curve - back to that feed back and on going development.

Content with the curve at present but I eagerly await the use of the next gen of Blackberry. Oh ya!

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    I have both units and my opinion is that the Bold Keyboard is much better. Ok, it takes my half an hour to type as fast as on my Curve.

My 2ct
    Peter
    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery

Big-O no está en línea Stack level 1
    Fact - the Bold keyboard is better.. I've been on an 8703 and then a Curve, and even though the keys are together, it's quite an intuitive feel to hit the right one.

I like it

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ive used both and im going to go with the bold hands down.. feels more solid. i type faster on the bold then the curve after about an hour with it. only advantage the curve has is i can type on the curve without looking at the keys.. still a lil while away from being able to do that with the bold... but time will tellll
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    I have both units and my opinion is that the Bold Keyboard is much better.
    My 2ct
    Peter
    This is what I've been hoping to hear, since I really want to move forward with the Bold, and in my case I've not tried one, but wondered what the experiences have been for those of you that have.

Just what is it about the Bold Keyboard that you like better?

Thanks
    Cheers

PIN/ID
    281860C8
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    This is what I've been hoping to hear, since I really want to move forward with the Bold, and in my case I've not tried one, but wondered what the experiences have been for those of you that have.

Just what is it about the Bold Keyboard that you like better?

Thanks
    Cheers
    It's the feeling that you can't describe. You have to feel it.
    It's like the PCKeyboard. You can buy a cheap one (And you can feel the cheapness) or you spend a lot of money for a keyboard.
    If you have the chance to get a Bold for testing at a shop you will know what I want to say.

HTH
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by peterthill View Post
    It's the feeling that you can't describe. You have to feel it.
    It's like the PCKeyboard. You can buy a cheap one (And you can feel the cheapness) or you spend a lot of money for a keyboard.
    If you have the chance to get a Bold for testing at a shop you will know what I want to say.

HTH
    Peter
    You've brought up a very good point here Peter.

It's one of the main reasons I buy ThinkPad laptops. Superior keyboards and structural rigidity of the shell. Thus in turn your point about the tactile feel and feedback of a keyboard can only be experienced, is well taken. I'm certainly hoping that I find it as good as you have, then my only concern about the Bold will have faded away. I have large hands and the separated (although small) keys on my Curve work really well for me. Whereas the closely spaced keys on my 8820 are much harder for me to use comfortably and with the same rate of speed I get out of the Curve.

Thanks for your prompt and excellent response, I will simply have to be patient and wait..... what me patient......?

Cheers, and Thanks Again!......

PIN/ID
    281860C8

You're welcome

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Just got the bold yesterday. I had the curve before that. I might say that the bold keyboards will get better over time. Seeing how we are addicts, will get use to the keypad. In comparison to the curve, I find that the keypad are "smooth" to type. Much more silent when you are typing. The Curve has a click when you type it. Bold keypad are way better than the 8800. I think the Bold has the suretype option. Hadn't realy had a chance to explore it yet. Anyways, thought that I add my review.

Khai
    207B2324

eazid no está en línea Stack level 4
    Just waiting for the 9000 still...

Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Just got the bold yesterday. I had the curve before that. Seeing how we are addicts, will get use to the keypad.
    Well I certainly qualify for the Addict Label.....
    Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    In comparison to the curve, I find that the keypad are "smooth" to type. Much more silent when you are typing. The Curve has a click when you type it. Bold keypad are way better than the 8800.
    So to summarize, the good news is I'm hearing that the Bold has a good keyboard, and the bad news is I'm sitting here without one...wow, was I asleep at the switch or what? ....

Thanks for your feedback!

Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast