Hi, I want to buy a Blackberry but am not sure which one to buy ... BlackBerry Bold forum

firozdungarsi no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold VS Curve 8900?

Advertisement

Hi,
    I want to buy a Blackberry but am not sure which one to buy between Bold and Curve 8900. I am looking for a good phone with a big screen and brilliant display. Any advice.
    Last edited by pdxmatts; 02-25-2009 at 02:03 AM.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by firozdungarsi View Post
    Hi,
    I want to buy a blackberry but am not sure which one to buy between bold and curve 8900. i am looking for a good phone with a big screena and brilliant display. any advise.
    You just described both BBs. 3g or no 3g? I suggest you go into the stores and play with both BBs and make your decision.
    ~via smartphone wap.pinstack.com~

romano1969 no está en línea Stack level 1
    bold

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Basically the main differences are the added size of the Bold as well as its 3G capabilities. Technically the resolution of the 8900's screen is higher, but not by enough for you to really notice (480x320 vs 480x360 I believe). You'd think that having the same (or slightly higher) resolution on a smaller screen would be better but when it comes to picture/video/webpage viewing the larger screen size is much more important.

It is imperative that you physically pick up both models to try out in a store, even though I strongly prefer the Bold's keyboard over the Curve's, some people may place more value/importance on the smaller size of the 8900.

Either way you won't be dissapointed...let us know how things go.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

anandsihra no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20922A41
    If you have big hands, like I do, go with the Bold. The 3G speed makes a big difference, especially for tethering, the keyboard does feel better on the bold, IMHO I feel the 8900s keyboard still has that 'clicky' cheap feel of the 8300. Build quality is good on both, however the Bold does have miniUSB, vs the 8900s microUSB, so if you have any car chargers or other miniUSB accessories from something like a RAZR V3 series, you will have to buy new accessories with the 8900. I do like the screen on the Bold better, the 8900s does seem slightly dimmer, and it is a joy watching video on the Bolds big screen.

Hope this helps.
    Anand Sihra

PS: Feel free to add me to BlackBerry Messenger. PIN is in profile.

ventz no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Definitely go with the 8900. This is like getting a 1st generation computer, when the 2nd (which acts like a 3rd) is out. It's slicker/sexier, more functional, better battery life, and faster. A lot more memory too. Also, the browser is simply incomparable to the Bold. The 8900 browser renders *almost* like the iPhone.

Nesh8320 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i've had the bold, 8900, storm, and back to bold, all within the past month.
    if you have big hands, and type alot. the Bold is the device.

if you dont type as much and have smaller hands, the 8900 is for you. and it does have a higher resolution display than the bold

adamhosman no está en línea Stack level 2
    3g or not the Bold is still the way to go. I have the Bold on T-Mobile and I love this phone.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Double post
    Last edited by BHP77; 02-24-2009 at 08:01 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    For sure, I've own a Bold and have played with a 8900. I like it but I don't think I could give up my Bold. As far as speed goes my Bold still beat the curve by 15-20 second everytime. This on wifi, on 3G vs EDGE, well, sometimes it was 30 second behind my Bold and on large data intensive pages I could be a min or more behind. This is with the 8900 on stock OS and my Bold on .237. I do like the 8900 and will probably own one soon because I have T-Mobile as well as at&t, but nothing can replace the keyboard an the large screen to me on my Bold. As suggested before, play with both device and see with one fits you best. Regardless of which one you go with you'll still own a BB and that's all that matters right

Dwaine12 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Good Try
    BOLD, my friend, its basically everything you want in a BB...good luck with your choice though.. Bold, Bold, Bold...lol

BERRYCURVE no está en línea Stack level 5
    I think Bold is the way to go, yet if you're coming from a curve the 8900 will fill familiar in your hands but as most have mentioned go in the stores and play with both for awhile for it's still your decision in the end

bigwave no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've got both and if I had to just keep one it would be the Bold.