Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Originally Posted by blazen2000 Sorry if I wasn't specific but I ment the replacement as ... BlackBerry Bold forum

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by blazen2000 View Post
    Sorry if I wasn't specific but I ment the replacement as a phone to have around while you wait for your main or more used phone to be fixed or what not. Sorry I should have explained a bit.

Oh, Gotcha!

Yeah I don't think I could use the kickstart as my primary phone either.
    :)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Yeah ill probably buy the KS as an extra phone just cuz I kinda like it and it is a blackberry anyways lol
    But the javelin ... Hmmm its driving me nuts lol why does 3G have to be so good in canada lol why can't it NOT make a diff hahaha jk I LOVE the 3G on my bold so fast stable and reliable
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    I never thought of the KS as a backup until a number of different stackers have told me thats what they plan to use it for.

Now it actually makes a lot of sense. Especially, since it's a flip.
    :)

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    hmmm i dont know i can barely like the curve's size since i got my bold ... i HATED the 88xx tho ... i dont get it lol they got me hooked on the bold :P
    Since the keyboard is the Number ONE most important aspect of any BB for me, I've purchased virtually every BB made in the last two years. The only way for me to fairly evaluate a keyboard is to use it for at least a few weeks. Since I do not have a Bold presently, I must rely on the feedback of others. I value your opinion.

So my question for you is, focusing on ONLY the keyboard, and comparing it to other BB models you have had. Please provide a detailed description of what YOU think about the Bold Keyboard.

Thanks, your time and effort is appreciated
    Arher6

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i Personally think the bold's keyboard is the greatest blackberry keyboard ever.
    It feels basically like a curve keyboard but with the look of a 8800.
    the thing is they added some sort of guitar fret in between the keys which makes your fingers travel so fast and easily on them.
    i LOVE the bold keyboard and i used to HATE the 88xx's.
    I think the keyboard is genius.

Taking this keyboard conversation a bit further.
    Here is my experience.
    88xx, because these keys are side by side without spacing as compared to the 83xx Curve, I find the Curve keyboard so much easier to type on (both fast & accurately). As we all know the Curve's keyboard is smaller, and yet for me it's the ideal key shape and spacing that makes all the difference in the world. When I type on my 8820, I must look down to see where I am on the keyboard. Whereas on the 8310 I can rapidly touch type. A great benefit.
    I have NOT had access to a BOLD, therefore I have no idea if the slight change in key shape has made that keyboard useable for me.
    It also needs to be said that I use the BlackBerry keyboard far more than most. I spend hour after hour every single day responding to emails on my BB.

Thus I'm inviting anyone that has a Bold to comment on their experience with it's keyboard. Also please note the prior BB's you had as a point of reference.

Thanks!
    archer6

i Personally think the bold's keyboard is the greatest blackberry keyboard ever.
    It feels basically like a curve keyboard but with the look of a 8800.
    the thing is they added some sort of guitar fret in between the keys which makes your fingers travel so fast and easily on them.
    i LOVE the bold keyboard and i used to HATE the 88xx's.
    I think the keyboard is genius.
    Wow, what a great endorsement, and one that I find very encouraging.

I too could not stand the 8800, as hard as I tried. Especially since I have large hands and I'm not adverse to a large sized BB. Also _thank you_ for addressing the "guitar fret" design as I wondered if that would be a dealbreaker as it is on some Nokias. A roadblock, not an advantage.

Your feedback was detailed and greatly appreciated. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Taking this keyboard conversation a bit further.
    Here is my experience.
    88xx, because these keys are side by side without spacing as compared to the 83xx Curve, I find the Curve keyboard so much easier to type on (both fast & accurately). As we all know the Curve's keyboard is smaller, and yet for me it's the ideal key shape and spacing that makes all the difference in the world. When I type on my 8820, I must look down to see where I am on the keyboard. Whereas on the 8310 I can rapidly touch type. A great benefit.
    I have NOT had access to a BOLD, therefore I have no idea if the slight change in key shape has made that keyboard useable for me.
    It also needs to be said that I use the BlackBerry keyboard far more than most. I spend hour after hour every single day responding to emails on my BB.
    that is exactly what i was referring too. i too used to type on my curve without looking at the screen and have never been able to do that on the 88xx because of the lack of separation between the keys.
    Again, the guitar frets on the bold is what makes it so incredibly easy to type on.
    No physical separation but a little fret makes you able to know what key your are on.
    Dont worry about the bold keyboard, i was exactly like you; really afraid of it coming from a curve, fear not it's better, waay better.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Wow, what a great endorsement, and one that I find very encouraging.

I too could not stand the 8800, as hard as I tried. Especially since I have large hands and I'm not adverse to a large sized BB. Also _thank you_ for addressing the "guitar fret" design as I wondered if that would be a dealbreaker as it is on some Nokias. A roadblock, not an advantage.

Your feedback was detailed and greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    and youre welcome thats what fellow stackers do

you're welcome that's what fellow stackers do
    Thanks so much ranxoren !
    In a matter of a few exchanges here you have relieved my number one concern.
    I'm not, nor am I ever looking for perfection (that in my humble opinion will drive one crazy) just looking to identify if I can live with certain characteristics.

Especially since if my gut feeling is correct, the minute that AT&T (my carrier) releases them I'm going to have to act fast if I want one right away. Rumor has it locally that the demand is super high and they may sell out very quickly.

I'm friends with my Local AT&T store manager, as I'm such an addict, I buy a lot of phones and therefore he's pretty straightforward and honest when it comes to passing info to me that is accurate.

Ahhh... the beauty of this terrific forum that I have been a proud member of for two years now.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    haha youre more than welcome Archers honestly just GO AND GET IT !! haha

david_uk no está en línea Stack level 1
    Am learning to live with Bold, but am not madly in love.

Keypad is better than 8800 but many more errors than 83xx.

3G experience depends entirely on your carrier's performance where you are. I've selected 2G only because device spontaneously reboots, or sometimes kicks out WiFi which needs a reboot to bring back, when it transitions from 3G to 2G. Not good. Running v4.6.0.134 BTW.

WiFi and GPS on the same box is nice, but hardly to die for.

I'll prob stick with Bold until I can get my paws on a Jav. Have kept my 8310 just in case.

Right now, Bold hardware and UI smacks of a kneejerk response to iPhone rather than a real step forward. RIM can/must/will do better.

haha youre more than welcome Archers honestly just GO AND GET IT !! haha
    OK ranxoren, truth be told, I was already a bit fired up with check in-hand, (just hiding it ...yeah right) but after reading your feedback I'm in deep trouble, as all my patience has dissipated and now I must wait impatiently...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hahaha well sorry ...
    The bold is **** dont get it ...
    Nah i cant even lie its too good !!!

hahaha well sorry ...
    -
    I've never laughed so hard, your humor from the cat bird seat, is priceless....

sent via OldBerry

hahaha well sorry ...
    -
    I've never laughed so hard, your humor from the cat bird seat, is priceless....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast