Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

3G - Faster browser and clear calls, you know stuff like that. --- T-Mobile Curve ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D

Advertisement

3G - Faster browser and clear calls, you know stuff like that.

---
    T-Mobile Curve 8320 - 4.5.0.69 OS Beta!
    [heavycomponent@tmo.blackberry.net]

--HeavyC.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

JasonHDD no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by minitank View Post
    What does having 3G do for you that you don't want to do without?

I can't seem to get it to work on mine and so I'm frankly not seeing what the point is. What am I missing out on?

End of November release for the javelin is PERFECT timing for me, as thats when my contract is up.

- NICE ONE
    Well, 3G technology offers faster data speeds, as well as voice AND data at the same time. But it's still the Javelin for me. I can live without 3G.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Hey JasonDD, thanks for posting pics of all the blackberry. Like all of them but the most I like is the Gudang Garam cig packs that sits in front of it....lol

Quote Originally Posted by krosli View Post
    Hey JasonDD, thanks for posting pics of all the blackberry. Like all of them but the most I like is the Gudang Garam cig packs that sits in front of it....lol
    I don't think they come included in the price of the device.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    That will be a sweet deal if it does...

blacktouch007 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    7B30C2E9
    i dont know why people are being so picky like you wouldnt take all three if they where given away? *oh no dont give me that Javelin, it doesnt have 3G* lmao

Quote Originally Posted by blacktouch007 View Post
    i dont know why people are being so picky like you wouldnt take all three if they where given away? *oh no dont give me that Javelin, it doesnt have 3G* lmao
    Exactly, and honestly, the Javelin is a better device than the Bold. IMHO.

iron07 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22bf2ae1
    when is the release of the javelin for at&t does anyone no and it doesnt have 3g?

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iron07 View Post
    when is the release of the javelin for at&t does anyone no and it doesnt have 3g?
    The jav is going to be released on TMO sometime before christmas. I'm sure there will be some sort of exclusive on it. So just guessing, I'd have to say late Q1 or maybe Q2 09. But thats only if they have plans on porting it over. With the bold having 3G and the jav doesn't AT&T might not want the device. Or maybe only as an entry level phone since they can't hype the 3G aspect of it. Sort of like the pal centro. Good phone but not top of the line so it'll be geared towards college age kids.

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonHDD View Post
    Exactly, and honestly, the Javelin is a better device than the Bold. IMHO.
    agreed

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Quote Originally Posted by Concept View Post
    agreed

I'll definitely wait for javelin now. Sometime before Xmas you say for TMO? Any idea when?
    :)

The rumored launch of this unofficial device(lol) is Oct. on T-Mo. Honestly, I can't see AT&T skipping this one, and not offering one of RIM's newest. And also, this is RIM's future replacement for the Curve as well. Even if AT&T doesn't carry this device, it can be unlocked obviously. Also, considering the Jav is pretty much done, the rumored release date of Oct, doesn't seem too far off.

Concept Guest
    Well, 3G technology offers faster data speeds, as well as voice AND data at the same time. But it's still the Javelin for me. I can live without 3G.
    About 75% of the country that lives outside of a 3G area will feel the same way. The closest 3G area to me is about an hour away.

Until 3G is everywhere and not just in the 30 or so major cities that have it, 3G shouldn't be a decision in anyone's phone choice. About 80% of people with 3G enabled phones have problems with phones hanging on to weak 3G signals instead of switching over to EDGE. Until the american network is as stable and wide spread as it is in Europe, 3G is an after thought and should be for most people. Just look how many people got suckered into the "Twice as fast, half the price" slogan that AT&T used. Many of them are pissed as hell. And I laugh at every person I see with a iPhone 3G in my area. I know they wasted a lot of money on a phone that doesn't work any better than the orginal iPhone.

Concept Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by vortec7 View Post

I'll definitely wait for javelin now. Sometime before Xmas you say for TMO? Any idea when?
    Jason pretty much answered you with the Oct date. But they way RIM has been delaying devices, I wouldn't doubt if it was Christmas before its actually out. Second thought, maybe it will be out on time. The main reason for the delay of the Bold is of course, 3G issues. And since the jav doesn't have it, it should be out on time.

But at the same time, OS 4.3 update never even came out and 4.5 has had 80,000 beat releases and its still not mainstream even a year after it was rumored to be out.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    The rumored launch of this unofficial device(lol) is Oct. on T-Mo. Honestly, I can't see AT&T skipping this one, and not offering one of RIM's newest. And also, this is RIM's future replacement for the Curve as well. Even if AT&T doesn't carry this device, it can be unlocked obviously. Also, considering the Jav is pretty much done, the rumored release date of Oct, doesn't seem too far off.

I could care less about AT&T. (J/K but seriously )

It's about time TMO got one

Thanks so much for the news.
    :)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast