Hey guys, just a little helpful insight from a fellow BOLD user...... If you use ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask

BOLD users and Mobile MySpace....Yikes!

Advertisement

Hey guys, just a little helpful insight from a fellow BOLD user......

If you use moble MySpace, and you go to log in and are asked if you want to upgrade to the new MySpace Mobile, I would not suggest it. There seems to be a virus in the download, and I just got lucky! When I installed the upgrade, and restarted my handset, I received 8 or 9 Exception Caught Errors. I lost all my email accounts, it seemed to wipe out my entire memory card, and all the great extras we all are addicted to our BB's for. I had to do a battery pull numerous times before it all mysteriously reappeared. As it stood, I installed another application, and I got the same message. I was really getting upset thinking of all the work I put into setting up my new BOLD, and thinking I was going to have to take it back to AT&T, when I thought to un install the MySpace Mobile application. When i deleted it and restarted my handset, all the errors were gone.

This could have just been my dumb luck, but I thought I would throw it out there.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    yikesx2
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    From what I heard, some users of the BlackBerry Storm users I know have had the same issues with this application. Not sure why this is, I didn't have trouble with my Curve. Who knows!

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    I've never had this problem.. I deleted the myspace app anyways though, I'd rather just log on through the browser.

I also see that you're using .167, I recommend upgrading to .210! Most solid OS firmware I've been using so far.. highly recommended.

novalovr66 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249E4BA7
    No problems here with the mobile app. I have had it installed for some time here and never had that problem.

PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by ssnxp View Post
    I've never had this problem.. I deleted the myspace app anyways though, I'd rather just log on through the browser.

I also see that you're using .167, I recommend upgrading to .210! Most solid OS firmware I've been using so far.. highly recommended.
    Is it available through AT&T? I did the search for the upgrade through the handset and it said there wasn't one available.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    No problems on my 8120.

ssnxp no está en línea Device Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebugangel View Post
    Is it available through AT&T? I did the search for the upgrade through the handset and it said there wasn't one available.
    I do not believe it is available through AT&T at this time. However, it is not at all difficult to find.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    I also never use the app, I simply log into facebook/myspace with the web browser and all's well.

The fewer apps installed on my Bold the better.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~