My Blackberry Bold has stopped scrolling to the right and it won't click down (select) ... BlackBerry Bold forum

shaunetheridge no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold trackball won't scroll right or click down anymore

Advertisement

My Blackberry Bold has stopped scrolling to the right and it won't click down (select) anything either. I feel the button click down but it does nothing. It will scroll to the left and up and down but that's it. I can here the audible click when scrolling left, up, or down, but not when I try to scroll to the right. I have cleaned out the internal workings of the trackball and the trackball itself but to no avail. I have tried rapidly scrolling the trackball around as well. I got a new trackball but that didn't fix the problem either. Someone suggested I replace the contact pad that sits between the trackball and the logic board. Is that even possible? And could that be the problem. Help!!

Shellbell67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Maybe
    I had this same issue and luckily my phone was stil in warranty, I had my provider send me out another phone, so this might be an option for you as well. I'd rather do that then try to fix it myself and screw something else up, but then again technical phone stuff I'm not good at ...LOL
    Want to see more of themes...

niceone no está en línea Stack level 2
    This may sound like a foolish solution but the same thing was happening to me an all I did was use an alcohol wipe on the ball while it is still in the device and the problem vanished as quickly as it appeared. Hopefully this works for you because when you send a defective device back to your service provider they will replace it with a refurbished model that usually has more problems than the one you are getting replaced, give it a try. A q-tip and alcohol rub works too

shaunetheridge no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried cleaning it with alcohol and that didn't work. Unfortunately, it's not in warranty so that's not an option either. I noticed that the little orange colored pad between the trackball and the logic board is loose and even fell out. I put it back in but figured that couldn't be good. Can you replace that?

Shellbell67 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Maybe
    Quote Originally Posted by niceone View Post
    This may sound like a foolish solution but the same thing was happening to me an all I did was use an alcohol wipe on the ball while it is still in the device and the problem vanished as quickly as it appeared. Hopefully this works for you because when you send a defective device back to your service provider they will replace it with a refurbished model that usually has more problems than the one you are getting replaced, give it a try. A q-tip and alcohol rub works too
    I got a refurbished phone and it actually works better then the new one I had, strange I know, but it's true!

Oh and I also did the alcohol on my old phone and it just made it worse, it worked for a bit, all was good then all of sudden it went back to the way it was before but even worse
    Want to see more of themes...