Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I have seven track ball equipped BlackBerrys of every model. The track balls are all ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

I have seven track ball equipped BlackBerrys of every model. The track balls are all about the same in terms of operation. They are the worst part of each model. All a bit erratic & frustrating to put up with. They seem so poorly engineered. I think there would be a benefit in increasing the size around 15%, design a better "socket" for them to roll in, and improve the surface they roll on. Finally if they had a user removable rim to make removal & cleaning easy

(wap.pinstack.com)~

Princ355K no está en línea Stack level 1
    My trackball sticks and makes a squeaky sound.. it's kinda annoying sometimes. Any suggestions on how to make it unsqueak?

S58Player no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    8707V
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    The placement's definitely different than the curve. There really wasn't a space left around the trackball. S58Player, it shouldn't be losing sensitivity.
    Riducle

Yeah i know im going to see about ti this week , maybe get a replacement

sito no está en línea Stack level 1
    is it possible to put a drop of oil into trackball to get rid of squeaky sound?

Quote Originally Posted by sito View Post
    is it possible to put a drop of oil into trackball to get rid of squeaky sound?
    -
    No. The problem with that is then every bit of dust, pocket lint, or other particulate matter will stick to the ball & gum up the socket.

sent via BlackBerry
    Simply Brilliant !

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    -
    No. The problem with that is then every bit of dust, pocket lint, or other particulate matter will stick to the ball & gum up the socket.

sent via BlackBerry
    Simply Brilliant !
    yep and it will just get sticky and gross and eventually stuck because as archer said things will stick to it and create a layer tick enough to possibly make it not spin anymore

ps: off-topic: archer i just saw your blog post and commented on it.
    Last edited by ranxoren; 09-14-2008 at 11:16 AM.

S58Player no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    8707V
    Hi All,

Further to my post somewhere else on here, i finally gave up on my BOLD and went to Telstra today, they assessed it and said it was faulty trackball, and that that is a common issue now being reported, therefore a new Box and a New Bold again, and the things perfect touch wood so far

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone experience intermittent lighting of the trackball? Or is that a "feature"?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i think it works with the ambient light sensor it doesnt need to always light up (someone correct me if im wrong).

PoliceDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    i think it works with the ambient light sensor it doesnt need to always light up (someone correct me if im wrong).
    Sounds rational to me! (didn't know it has that feature..)

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah you never noticed your screen dims and brightens sometimes ? thats the ambient light sensor (makes the keys backlight as well)

Quote Originally Posted by PoliceDog View Post
    Anyone experience intermittent lighting of the trackball? Or is that a "feature"?
    The proper operation of the trackball light is to come on whenever the backlight is on for the display. This should occur anytime you are using your BlackBerry. Or as long as the backlight is on, after you have stopped using it, for whatever period of time you have set the Backlight Timeout setting for. In addition, if you have set the "Automatically Dim Backlight" setting to ON. Then there will be times (only during the day) when the dimmer sets the light level so low that the trackball light will appear to be out.

Cheers

mudshovel no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask
    is the pearl still the only device with different color led's in the trackball? the bold won't have a color pearl app? i'm still getting a bold, just curious if any of the 3 new devices have color led's.

Based on the initial, unofficial info I have, the upcoming BlackBerry models will not have multi-colored illumination of the trackball. However that said, I would not be surprised to see a small software plug-in offered by a 3rd party developer if demand is great enough.

sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

knight2472000 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Bold trackball needs work, it is inferior to the curve. Not as smooth, not as sensitive etc

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast