Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OK. I have three upgrades coming-one right now, one in April, and another in August. ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Bold Stackers Please Read

Advertisement

OK. I have three upgrades coming-one right now, one in April, and another in August. I was going to wait until AT&T gets the Javelin, but who can say for sure when that will be. Im leaning real hard on getting the Bold. I love my 8310, and have it "tuned in" with all my stuff perfectly. Should I get a Bold? I mean if for some reason I dont like it, I can always sell it and recoup my money plus some, and then use my next upgrade in April for the new Curve. I need a little push here from you guys who have used the Curve and gone to the Bold. Thanks Stackers.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    i don't have a bold but....newer is better
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

macmood no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    bold is amazing, i had an 8820 before, and the 9000 is just about the same size but perfect as a smartphone. big screen display, amazing clarity, incredible sound quality, comfortable leather back, although the cheap chrome makes me mad... other than that it works like a charm!

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Glen, I sold my Bold after one day and am very happily using my Curve till probably beyond Javelin because of its buried trackball shortcoming. Will probably buy a backup Curve my friend has for sale too!
    Hopefully Magnum will address build quality, browser, etc.

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    I came from an 8820 also. I would not reccomend any other bb but the BOLD since you are asking. I was a skeptic before I got one also. I'm convinced it's the best thing since sliced bread. I'm sure you know all of the window dressings that come with it. And like you said you are able to "buy and try".

niceone no está en línea Stack level 2
    chokem, I had a curve 8310 and was madly in love with its ease of use until I switched to the bold. Everything about the bold is a joy to use, I have not had any of the heartaches that some stackers have been reporting with their devices. The keyboard is the major selling factor for me, almost feels like your typing on little gel pads . I absolutely love the bold and would recommend it to anyone upgrading from an older berry

Thomas843 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I used to have a 8310 and a 8300 now I have a Bold and love it! The keyboard is so much better I think than the curve but I loved the size of the curve! Still have my 8300 as a backup but I dont think I will be using it a lot unless my Bold acts up for some reason. Its a great device, you cant go wrong with getting a Bold!

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Thanks to everyone so far. Let me throw a couple of questions about the MP3 player. I use mine a lot, with the new .110 OS, the sound is loud and clean, how does music sound on the Bold? And I'm assuming it also has a 3.5mm port? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

niceone no está en línea Stack level 2
    The speakers on the bold are the best I have ever heard on any phone, it actually has bass and the highs are awesome . Im sure you will not be disappointed in its performance Yes it does have a 3.5mm headset jack

mavericmechanik no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the 8310 with 4.5, someone stole it from me so I ended up upgrading to the bold. Its by far the best phone I have ever had. The curve feels cheap to me now since I got this. Unlike the curve, the bolds keypad doesn have that loud click when you type, its completly quiet and smooth. The keys are bigger, which is a plus. The screen resolution is amazing, and the 3g is excellent. I can honestly say I notice a big speed difference with the 3g coming straight from the curve. The internal memory is huge, so I can put all my apps on it, and the processor is fast. I never have to wait for apps to load. I like that I can take the memory card out without taking out the battery too. The 4.6 OS is by far better than having 4.5 on the curve, and the battery life is great even with the 3g. I will never go back to the curve after having my bold. I hope this helps you in your decision. Do the right thing and get it!

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    I had the Curves 8300 & 8310 consider them to be the Best, and when I got my Bold, well its like have a Bigger, Faster, Sharper Curve. I Luv the external (side slot) for the Memory Cards, the Speed is amazing. I have an Ipod 160g Classic (almost Full), But lately my Classic seems to be only used on my Bose Portable Music System. The Media player on the Bold is the Best, preset EQ, Amazing Picture quality and the double speakers give every sound a surrond type effect.

Now, about the Music, well let me tell you; one word "Slacker", this has got to be the best Radio for Portables Ever I just can't get enough. And with the Bold and my 8 or 16gb card I can "Cache" all the stations I want (this is a BB Exclusive). Every Genre, and the Music is CD Quality, you will find the station to fit whatever mood you're in.

So, yes - go for the Bold!

ericcif no está en línea Stack level 2
    Looks like you have plenty of positive comments already, but I'll add one more. I went from a curve to my bold and could never seem myself going back for all the reasons mentioned above. Love the keyboard, memory, processor, and mostly I absolutely love 3g!

Delfim no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    Nope!
    No doubt - Go Bold !
    Everything else is 2nd rated...! Try and love what it can do, how it looks and how it feels. Go Bold !

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB
    I've had every model curve that would run on ATT. I too had tmen super tuned and was very happy with them except for browser speed. With the bold, I have the smokin fast browser speed I always wanted and a faster slicker overal package to boot. You won't even notice the bigger physical size. Go for it. Then install .210.
    . Going to the ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    I say go for the Bold.

I was in the same EXACT boat as you, but became tired of waiting for the Javelin, gave in and got the Bold. I have to say that I do NOT regret the decision. I don't miss my Curve because the Bold is a righteous upgrade from it. Takes a bit of getting used to the keyboard but that just takes a bit of time. Definitely do it.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast