I have been waiting for a Bold for several weeks from Orange UK but I ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Patrick11 no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold Software problems

Advertisement

I have been waiting for a Bold for several weeks from Orange UK but I have been told the following today by Orange

"'we will definitely not be getting the Blackberry Bold back in stock, there are too many issues with the software'
    Apparently there is only one supplier that is going to continue ranging the Bold until there stock sells through but they have a non return policy on this, so if they get it and it goes faulty they will not do anything about it."

I currently have an 8120 which I am happy with but they have offered me an upgrade to an 8320 Curve.
    Does anyone have any thoughts about this, are Orange UK making the problems up?
    Should I upgrade to the 8320 just for the sake of it (ie it's free!) or should I stick with the Pearl?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I've heard you have to upgrade the os right away cause they ship with bugs. After upgrade they work fine.

Patrick11 no está en línea Stack level 1
    It would be nice but they are not even sending them out according to my account manager at Orange.
    Any views on the 8320 v 8120 ?

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    They're regarded as excellent pda and cell phone respectively. Lot of texting and emailing? Querty's my preference

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've got a bold on orange uk and the os issues are doing my head in. Trouble is I love the phone. If only it would work properly. Seems to spen 60% of the time hanging and I pull the battery several times a day. I wonder where I stand with orange now

wibbly no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm running a Bold with .162 firmware on T-Mobile's UK network. It's fine. Not perfect, but a keeper for sure.

Operators have a LOT of account managers (and support staff) and handset models. They're only human. What you've been told may be true, but just as easily might be your particular contact getting the wrong end of the stick. I would try to get more "versions" of the story by finding a couple more people at Orange to ask and seeing if all the versions are the same...

petewaugh no está en línea Stack level 1
    I've a Bold on Orange UK (running .167) and it works absolutely fine. I agree with Wibbly, the account managers themselves often get fed incorrect or unclear information.

328iGuy no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have a Bold on the Rogers network here in Canada and the first thing I did when it arrived was do the OS upgrade to xx.162 and I haven't seen any of the recorded issues to date.

No complaints here besides one freeze up where I did a battery pull, however that said I had those glitches with both my Pearl and 8310 Curve as well.

Keeper here for sure!

janie215 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256A910E
    I had a Bold on Orange UK and definately had problems with it, it kept crashing even after I had updated OS.

I now have the Curve 8320 and am getting used to it, have a feeling that I will love it when Ive found my way round it.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I have the Bold with Rogers and I got an email from them asking me to upgrade. I have had issues before so they are sending me a new replacement unit. I will wait for the new one to arrive before I upgrade the OS.

Makiani no está en línea Stack level 1
    this is really unfortunate error form Blackberry, people are facing this but can get the reason for it. its really disturbing

akyriacou no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    207D1F94
    I found that if you use the Switch Device option in the Desktop Software that it makes the devices unstable. I used it to switch from my 8310 to the 9000 and there many problems. Once I wiped the 9000 clean and reloaded the OS, it worked fine. Also noticed it when I gave my wife the 8310 and used the Switch Device from her 7105; same problems, solved by starting fresh.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    Get the bold... Software issues are a myth to me...

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E

When I first got my bold, it was full of errors, but after updating to .167 OS fixed everything, I have no regrets giving my Curve 8330 to my wife heh

tigerbluemusic no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have recently flashed my bold and since doing so it has run fine. Still no streaming media though :-(