Hi Stackers, I've had my Bold for a couple of weeks now (with Optus Australia, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold Smart Dial Issues... in Australia

Advertisement

Hi Stackers,
    I've had my Bold for a couple of weeks now (with Optus Australia, 4.6.0.167); it's flamin awesome..!!

I've noticed that there's an issue with SMS not being sent. After a lot of time on the phone to the tech support team at Optus (who really didn't have a clue)

There are two methods to create SMS:
    1. Go to the address book and locate a recipient and then select to send them an SMS
    2.Go to the SMS/MMS inbox, select compose SMS, and then locate the recipient

Now, since I sync with Outlook, some of my contacts numbers are in the default format +61 (xx) xxxx-xxxx; others in in the format entered xxxx xxx xxx (that's Australian number formatting).

Any SMS I send via the first method, or second method where numbers stored in "as entered" format, are received by the recipients OK.

Any SMS that I send via the second method (if their number is stored in default format +61 (xx) xxxx-xxxx) the message will be successfully sent, but the recipient never receives the SMS.

It has gotten to the point where I'm speaking to the carrier technical department and they're watching their system, to see if the SMS is moving through their system, and in the second instance, it's as if it doesn't exist...

I've setup the Smart Dial settings as well as the message centre number settings correctly. But it's as if in the second instance, the Smart Dailing settings are ignored...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I have no idea im sorry.
    I would say just change your numbers to have them without this +61 and then itll work in both methods ...
    Hope somebody here can help you more than i can.
    Good Luck!

mikedoan no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    I have no idea im sorry.
    I would say just change your numbers to have them without this +61 and then itll work in both methods ...
    Hope somebody here can help you more than i can.
    Good Luck!
    I thought of that, but since I've got so many contacts, it would be a pain in the xxxx...

Thanks though...
    BB 7100g (R.I.P.)
    BB Pearl 8100 (R.I.P.)
    BB BOLD 9000 (on the shelf)
    BB STORM (R.I.P.)

iPhone4