Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It looks big device. How does it feel and carry? I currently have a Pearl ... BlackBerry Bold forum

walds11 no está en línea Stack level 4

Bold size

Advertisement

It looks big device. How does it feel and carry? I currently have a Pearl and it may be a "big" jump to the Bold. I like the Pearl's small form factor and the SureType keyboard. I use the OEM leather swivel holster and strap the Pearl to my side. I played with the Curve. I can handle the size(its a little wider than the Pearl), but I don't like the small keys. How much bigger is the Bold compared to the Curve? How about the keys? Obviously the best thing to do is wait till at& releases it and test one out, but I am infatuated with the Bold right now

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    its a big step up from the pearl. and a lil step up from the curve. it is longer. wider. and thicker. but.. imo. ive never felt a more comfy device in the hands. the hand. typing. the all around feel of it.. i love it. at first it will feel huge to you. but i know after a couple seconds maybe an hour you as well will fall inlove. the first pics i saw i honestly thought it looked like a glorified 8800.... but its not and doesn't at all. great all around build quality. but it honestly is a whole new world when compared to the pearl.
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    I agree with Nicky here... the Bold feels quite nicely in the hand... I loved my Curve (still have it for the moment) but, it actually feels a tad of a slightly less quality build... almost plasticy (is that a word) compared to the Bold.

The Pearl 2 Bold feel will be immense... but, the features and performance will have u sold...

I wear it on my belt in the holster as well, and it's no different in feel from wearing my Curve.

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Does Bold in the holster look and feel huge while wearing it on your belt? That is one of my main concerns.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Nope... it will feel bigger than a Pearl tho... i mean, it is bigger than a Pearl ya know...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Thanks for the info. If the Bold feels anything like the iphone, then I think I can handle it. They look similar in size. I played with an iphone, it feels and looks nice. Can't say anything else about it. LOL!!!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yeah the bold feels like an iPhone but nicer i find (i had both) but yeah it feels like a curve but nicer.
    Mind you if you are a woman (from a bunch of girls i talked to) the curve still feels the best

Having a small device is fairly important to me. Not so much a small size in the hands, but for carrying purposes. I use the OEM leather swivel holster for my Pearl and it sits nicely strapped to my side. The last full QWERY device I used was an 8700 about 2 years ago. That thing was a brick. I did not keep it that long. I also had a 7130, which is no small device. The 7130 was not too bad. It is narrow and a tad thick.

I just can't wait till the Bold is out so I can nip it in the bud, whether I like it or not.

anoxia187 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask
    I loved my Bold until i killed it. I should be getting a new bold on Wednesday. I can still type faster on my curve probably because i had it for a year. I had my bold for 5 days then it died.

I played with an 8800 at the local AT&T store this weekend. I did not mind the size so much, but it felt like a box. I did slap it in a holster, clip it to my shorts and wore it around the store. Definitely a big jump from a Pearl.
    Last edited by walds11; 09-29-2008 at 06:37 AM.

raphaelsamad no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have just upgraded from an 8800 to a Bold 9000. To give you an idea, the custom leather case for the 8800 almost fits the Bold. It is just that some of the cutouts are in the wrong place/missing and it could do with being about 4 mm longer. Therefore, practically the same size as an 8800.

Tre Lawrence no está en línea Developer
    Had a go at it. I am overly finicky, so I considered it too big. I know... inches... but couldn't do it.

I thought the iPhone was too big as well.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    then just hold off for the Pearl 8220 or the Javelin

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4

Size Does Matter

Quote Originally Posted by walds11 View Post
    Thanks for the info. If the Bold feels anything like the iphone, then I think I can handle it. They look similar in size. I played with an iphone, it feels and looks nice. Can't say anything else about it. LOL!!!
    I have both the iPhone and Bold

The Bold is slightly wider and thicker than the iPhone. But they share the same height.

The Bold feels heavier to me, but I can't confirm the weight of each phone.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    hmm weird the bold felt lighter to me and i had both too...
    lets see official specs :

iPhone : Dimensions: 4.5 tall by 2.4 wide by 0.48 inches (115.5 by 62.1 by
    12.3 mm)
    Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)

Bold : The Bold is 4.5 inches tall by 2.6 inches wide by 0.5 inches deep
    with a weight of 4.7 ounces.

HAHA THEY'RE VIRTUALLY THE SAME SIZE WISE AND THE SAME WEIGHT WISE !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast