I've had my Bold since launch day and have lately been having signal issues. When ... BlackBerry Bold forum

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold siganal issues

Advertisement

I've had my Bold since launch day and have lately been having signal issues. When the phone is idle with no data or voice traffic, the signal is full 3G. When I start to surf, signal level will drop to 1-2 bars, then switch to edge. It is driving me insane taking 30-40 seconds to load basic pages. I've tried a different OS with same results, and in many locations and still the same. Anyone encounter this before? Or am I calling the warranty exchange hotline tomorrow?

Jason

che17 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have experienced this before, but it was on my Pearl. It was doing all the things that you listed above. I tried changing OS, and Battery pulls but nothing worked.
    I ended up having to call T-Mo and they did warranty on it. They tried walking me through some steps over the phone but what they tried didn't help either. Sorry, as far as i know you are going to have to send that in.

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Your only option is to try another. Do an exchange but remember that you will be getting a like new refurbish Bold. New OS will not help. RF propagation can be mysterious.

Does this happen at different locations or just when at the house or office. If it happens everywhere, you might just have a defective device. I can tell you that in Jacksonville, FL we would always have full bars and 3G. Now that bandwidth is more congested with iPhone we are kicked off the 3g network all the time, even when trying to do the internet.

I think alot has to do with AT&T selling more phones than they have the bandwidth to cover.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    My TMobile Pearl 8120 has been doing this since I had to replace it 2 weeks ago. I upgraded the OS on it the day after I got it and ever since it has gone from EDGE to Searching. Last night it went from EDGE to GSM and the only way I got EDGE back was a battery pull.
    BlackBerry8120/4.5.0.162 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had several Bold with all kinds of problems from dropped calls to random restarts. I have been running .282 and selected the 2G only option and the dropped calls stopped. Is the Bold junk, is AT&T over stretched its bandwidth? I think it's a combination of both. We have three other phones in the house they are the Samsung Etrnity on 3G and they have NO problem with dropped calls and if you have teenagers in the house they would let you know if the phone was not working. Having to run a phone on 2G only in order to stop dropped calls is insane especially since the Bold is suppose to be the pride of RIM and AT&T next to the iPhone of course. My two cents.

theblackberryfactory no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2109FE47
    call your carrier and see what they say. if nothing else maybe youll a few bucks off your bill
    checkout theBlackBerryfactory for device tips,tricks,news & rumors http://theblackberryfactory.com

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i'm having the same issues as the OP .. i thought it might be the OS, but i have tried every single 'official' OS out there, and even tried all of the 5.0 betas. its still doing the same thing. except i notice even when its idle. i'll look down at any given moment and it will be on "OFF" or "GSM"

i definitely think that the release of the iPhone 3GS/3G has something to do with it. i think they are hogging our 3G network

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    The is no question that the iPhones hvae/are taking it's toll on AT&T's 3G netword bandwidth.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

bigblue95z no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well I got my replacement Bold today. Gonna do a backup and restore and see what happenes! Wish me luck!
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

jkai2188 no está en línea Stack level 5
    I have found that I've only had this issue since I dropped my phone the other day, I've had my bold for over a year. It had never been dropped on harmed in anyway until I dropped it in the driveway. Now I'm having this issue. I'm just north of detroit... With not to much congestion on the network. So this is uncommon for the area as I can have both bolds sitting here and they're both doing the same thing, my third one that's old as well hasn't been dropped and its not doing it. So my curiosity is... Does dropping it hurt its ability to read the RF or what? I guess we don't know.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102