A coworker of mine busted his Bold's LCD, so I went on to tell him ... BlackBerry Bold forum

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3

Thumbs down Bold Screen Replacement

Advertisement

A coworker of mine busted his Bold's LCD, so I went on to tell him for a fraction of what it would cost to replace the phone, I could replace just his screen. So off I went to the web, only to find out that Bold has 3 different types of screens in circulation, and non of them are cross compatible with each other.

So before I even order the part, I need to disassemble the phone (sidenote: the bold is the easiest Blackberry ever to disassemble) pull the screen off and see that it is model 001/004.

I just seems crazy that the parts on the Bold are not cross compatible, thoughts?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    The storm, 8900, tour, and bold all have two or more types of screens, its pretty common to see this in the electronic industry, computers companies all do this to cut costs, or add reliability.
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Female_MC no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A2C570
    Hey you can try www.cnn.cn they have a bunch of parts for bbs I remember seeing a Bold screen for sale not sure which model it was though.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

8800bruin no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Female_MC View Post
    Hey you can try www.cnn.cn they have a bunch of parts for bbs I remember seeing a Bold screen for sale not sure which model it was though.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102
    I'm a frequent visitor to cnn.cn, but they were out of stock and didn't specify which type of screen it was. But thanks! I ended up getting it from eTech.

BoldlyGo no está en línea Stack level 1
    I had cracked my screen too, this prob no use to you now as you have already bought the screen but for anyone reading this thread this picture will help you work out what revision screen you have. I had it saved from my previous purchase.
    Attached Images Attached Images

campos_jeremy no está en línea Stack level 1
    how do you find out which LCD screen you have on your bold?\

EDIT: NVM T_T
    Last edited by campos_jeremy; 11-03-2009 at 11:56 PM.

BoldlyGo no está en línea Stack level 1
    You will have to open your phone up to see which Revision of screen you have for the Bold, you will need a T5 screwdriver. I have attached a picture in the above post. This will indicate which version of screen you have. The code can be found on the back of the LCD screen.

The Bold has three revisions. If you are unfamiliar with how to open the Bold, type in ebizworld into YouTube they have a good video for how to dissamble your phone. I had purchased my screen from them also.

Hope this helps.

snipes mcgee no está en línea Stack level 4
    Yea, I guess the Bold went through a few revisions over the course of the yea it's been out. I replaced mine when I cracked it (which was a refurb when I bought it about a month after the phone was released) and I think mine was 001/002.
    I have a BlackBerry and a WhiteApple. :)