Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else notice how unprotected the screen is? Pressing only slightly on it will create ... BlackBerry Bold forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Bold Screen fragile?

Advertisement

Anyone else notice how unprotected the screen is? Pressing only slightly on it will create the LCD waves. Ive never seen a BB that wasnt protected here. My curve could take a beating on the screen and not even blink. Im really worried about this.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Your curve didn't have an LCD screen of this resolution or size either...

I've seen no evidence of excess fragility... treat it like it's glass and you should be alright... I wouldn't drop any time of glass intentionally and I just make sure to try to be careful when handling it out of the case.

I've dropped it a couple times already in the case... albeit, indoors and not on concrete or stone...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

I already got my BSE on it so hopefully that will help.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More
    Yeah... I've gotta get one fast...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    Get you a micro-fiber cloth to clean the exterior. Been using my Bold for two months and it is not delicate and makes "wave" just like any LCD screen.

I also hate any case that stays on the phone while using it. Naked is the way to go unless you drop your phone all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by GregGebhardt View Post
    I also hate any case that stays on the phone while using it. Naked is the way to go unless you drop your phone all the time.
    Well the BSE isn't relly like a case, more like a "skin". I've got one on everything.

EricScott no está en línea Stack level 2
    Put my BSE screen protector on yesterday and seems to do a good job. First time using their product and was a little nervous about the water application. The screen protector is slightly smaller than the screen so there are some small exposed areas. But I feel much more comfortable w/ the screen now and no noticeable distortion of the images. And I'm going naked otherwise. Don't want to make it bigger, plus the leather back feels really nice and won't scratch.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Thats good if that is what you want. I have tried them and did not like them but this is YOUR Blackberry and you need to enjoy it.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The display on my Bold is not soft, or flexible outside of the norm. I never put a screen protector on mine as I hate the degradation of the view you get, even the super clear ones are not that great. So I simply go without one. However that said, the very first thing I do when removing my BB from the box for the first time is I polish the display with NOVUS plastic polish. I've used this stuff for years. It's good for not only clear plastic but colored plastic as well. Three grades / three bottles come in the kit. Read about it on the web site I have linked. I simply use a new Micro Fiber cloth , and the polish, it makes the display very slippery and resistant to skin oils and fingerprints. I've used the two other grades to remove scratches from other things like the clear plastic lens over the instruments in my car, if the car wash scratches it. It's amazing how good this stuff works. It's not abrasive so you can use it on delicate items. In fact I use the polish on the entire BB except of course the keys. My Red Curve looks really beautiful after being polished.

Cheers
    Last edited by archer6; 11-04-2008 at 04:17 PM.

PIN/ID
    No Way
    Hope everyone posts some images of their Bold with their cases so we all can see. I know many do not like the belt clip holster that comes with it, but thsi is all I have sued for years with all of my BB devices.
    Last edited by GregGebhardt; 11-04-2008 at 04:32 PM.

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    I jus ordered some of that novus stuff... Gonna try it out.. Thx archer!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

DeputyPS no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249EF7BC
    Had my BSE (and the Seidio spring holster) ready to go when I picked up my Bold last night
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I put some Novus #1 on the screen just after taking the bold out of the box. Just as Archer says(I bought it a while ago based on his recommendation), it makes the screen even more vibrant while protecting it quite well. The #2 and #3 polishes are great at getting even good-sized scratches out.

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    seidio is my savior here.. *plug* no but seriously.. there innocase is the thinnest best case ive used for the bold and ive been through about 8 different ones before they finally released it..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i skin the screen on every bb i own, before using it...no joke. and i have always used BSE (used the 'others' but never got the same results)

protect your BB!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast