Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well i am fairly sure you all guys noticed but the BOLD is the replacement ... BlackBerry Bold forum

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38

BOLD replaces 8800

Advertisement

Well i am fairly sure you all guys noticed but the BOLD is the replacement for the 8800 series. How? Well if you go to blackberry main page, you will notice the three current berries that are, the pearl, the curve, the BOLD! This is the way i see it, although 9000 looks good, i am looking forward to the 9000 series curve! That will be a cooler device!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    I love the Bold, but I've heard a couple of price estimates...well, let's just say this: IPHONE$'s. That's why I went w/the Curve...for now.

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    All I'm seeing on their web page is the 8100, 8300, 8800, and 8700 series. Where are you all looking?
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me
    I saw it under Devices on the U.S. site.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbee View Post
    I love the Bold, but I've heard a couple of price estimates...well, let's just say this: IPHONE$'s. That's why I went w/the Curve...for now.
    I've heard in the 549-599 range out of contract and 300-400 for upgrades, depending on carrier ( not sure if before or after any applicable mail in rebate) Seems about right to me.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Why are you guys making me suffer? Stop giving me price ranges; I want the release date lol

GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    on the main site, where the intro is, there is pearl curve and then bold, bold stand where 8800 used to be, hence it is replaceing the 8800 seriese from the looks of it, we still have at least two more major 9000 devices!
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

ItsNowOrNever no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    Not really. The pearl, curve and bold are geared strongly toward the consumer. Where as business users will still need the 8800 if they aren't allowed to use a camera and what not.

So---I dont think it's replacing, I thi nk that on the front page they are expecting consumers to be the viewers, not necessarily the purchaser for a company.
    Color---it's nothing but a hue of the rainbow...why do people place such importance in it?

chatster18 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ASK
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post
    Not really. The pearl, curve and bold are geared strongly toward the consumer. Where as business users will still need the 8800 if they aren't allowed to use a camera and what not.

So---I dont think it's replacing, I thi nk that on the front page they are expecting consumers to be the viewers, not necessarily the purchaser for a company.
    I agree to an extent...I heard that the initial release of the BOLD will have a camera, but that RIM will also release it without, if thats the case then I would agree with the OP that RIM is going to phase out the 8800 and replace with the BOLD.

IMHO
    it's always greener with the other carrier...

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    i totally agree with Gene it makes complete sens. Why would they take off the 8800 from the main page : www.blackberry.com and put the bold where it used to be if its not because it is being replaced by the latter ?
    Anyways i, too, am looking forward to the "Curve 9000" (you know what i mean lol) but ill jump on the bold the second its available !

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsNowOrNever View Post

Of course it's not going to "replace it". They still sell 7xxx and 8700's all over the place. The 8700 is the recent launch device for China.
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

DriftorX no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask me!!
    I really dont think they are going to replace the 8800's I personally use the 8800 and I know many, many friends and other coworkers that use the 8800's. If they were going to phase out the 8800's then why even come out with the world edition? Myself and a few others (close friends and coworkers) dont see much of anything with the 9000 other then camera, wifi, and then the 3g. Thats it. If the 9000 was handed to me to use, i would be ok. Other then that i will stick to my 8800(planning to get 8820 for the wifi), 8320 and 8100 that i swap between. But I dont think they will get rid of the 8800's. Also another thing to think about. Why make the new os 4.5 workable with the 8800's as well if they plan to get rid of them. Thats time, money, resources wasted on developing it then. Thats just my take.

intron no está en línea Stack level 1
    do not think there are 9000 curve and/or 9000 pearl available from the hint of the BOLD instead of the 8800 series on blackberry website, but why is the 88XX off? because 8800 series is without "nickname", now see, the pearl, the curve and the bold, looks more in concordance.

BlueTurboShark no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by chatster18 View Post
    I agree to an extent...I heard that the initial release of the BOLD will have a camera, but that RIM will also release it without, if thats the case then I would agree with the OP that RIM is going to phase out the 8800 and replace with the BOLD.

IMHO
    I heard the same and that there will be a variation to the bold called the Sabre. From what I hear Rogers is releasing both models. The Sabre is more of an executive phone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast