Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ Acording to some earlier blogs, AT&T forced RIM into making the Bold, ... BlackBerry Bold forum

walterwt no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207B2FF0

Advertisement

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Acording to some earlier blogs, AT&T forced RIM into making the Bold, as RIM had not experience with 3G and thus no desire to go blindly.
    Now everyone BUT AT&T seem to be embracing the Bold. Poetic justice?
    As far as the US being last to receive it, as a Canuck who almost always seems to be Last to get the new RIM products I say (lightheartly), suck it up!

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    AT&T and RIM have been strategic partners for years. AT&T sells more BlackBerrys than any other carrier in the USA. The real problem was that AT&T was scammed by Apple. At no time did Apple share the technical details with AT&T in terms of bandwidth that was required for a single iPhone. There is not another smart phone in the world that uses 1/20th as much bandwidth as the iPhone. Once again proving the Arrogance of Apple. With complete disregard for everyone else, Apple dropped this on AT&T. Thus AT&T is now in a position to have to add capacity to it's network. Prior to the iPhone AT&T was supplying data to every 3G Motorola, Moto-Q, Blackjack, HTC, AT&T (by HTC), Samsung, Sony Ericsson, and others. As well as thousands upon thousands of other unlocked phones running just fine on the network. So in the end, yes BB users have had to wait, but they will indeed get this done and the wait will be nothing but a memory. The real key to success is the BOLD which is so much better than any other smartphone, it will be around for a long time. Bottom line, RIM has a 10 year track record. Apple is still struggling to make just one good phone. RIM on the other hand has many models as we all know and they are all operating just fine. Fast, secure, stable, and never crash, this is why BlackBerry is a legend. Never underestimate these two Giants, RIM & AT&T will prevail for many years, just as they already have.
    Very well said! Thx for your always insightful wisdom!

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am receiving my BOLD on Friday

Can't wait. Just upgraded and looking forward to play with it all day.

quassi61 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21933bd3
    Quote Originally Posted by walterwt View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Acording to some earlier blogs, AT&T forced RIM into making the Bold, as RIM had not experience with 3G and thus no desire to go blindly.
    Now everyone BUT AT&T seem to be embracing the Bold. Poetic justice?
    As far as the US being last to receive it, as a Canuck who almost always seems to be Last to get the new RIM products I say (lightheartly), suck it up!
    I love my BOLD it is pretty and plays music and youtube louder and with better pic quality than any phone I've ever heard. Thank you Rim and Rogers I got mine first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12