Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, this has been probably posted already but I am baffled as to how the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

spwb1471 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me :)

Bold Rant!!!

Advertisement

Ok, this has been probably posted already but I am baffled as to how the Bold has been released in markets like, Venezuela, India and Indonesia yet we here in the good ol' USA are waiting for it's release still!?

drozek no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    31B1D26F
    Thank good old AT&T and tell them to get their **** together.

sk1d no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am quite surprised it has not been released in the USA. One network in the UK has released the bold and it seems to be doing great. I spoke to my network, O2 and was told it might be launched between mid October and early December. They claimed they were still testing their software on the handset. To me, that's just ridiculous and annoying. They should get their act together. I need a new phone and I want a BlackBerry

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    It hasn't been released yet because of issues with the iPhone and the 3g network.

RIM hosts data whereas iPhone relies on AT&T for its data traffic, bottlenecking things considerably. In other words, iPhone is a major data hog. The hold-up therefore lies within the AT&T infrastructure, not RIM/BlackBerry. From what I understand, the device is ready to be released. They're just waiting on AT&T to resolve the network traffic issues so the same issues don't occur with the release of the 3g Bold.

spwb1471 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    PM me :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    It hasn't been released yet because of issues with the iPhone and the 3g network.

RIM hosts data whereas iPhone relies on AT&T for its data traffic, bottlenecking things considerably. In other words, iPhone is a major data hog. The hold-up therefore lies within the AT&T infrastructure, not RIM/BlackBerry. From what I understand, the device is ready to be released. They're just waiting on AT&T to resolve the network traffic issues so the same issues don't occur with the release of the 3g Bold.

Thanks!!

Hyperplex no está en línea Stack level 2
    From what I have read, for every iPhone that connects to AT&T's network, 20 BlackBerries could connect using the same bandwidth.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Here is that article. Describes the issue way better than I did!

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wonder if there is a possibility that AT&T will loose the contract to cary the Bold because of the network issues? I would imagine that there is something between them and RIM that says it has to release within a certain time frame from when they get it. I don't know squat about this kind of stuff though, so I might be WAY off the mark with that thought.

phatmanxxl no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    3M TA3
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I wonder if there is a possibility that AT&T will loose the contract to cary the Bold because of the network issues? I would imagine that there is something between them and RIM that says it has to release within a certain time frame from when they get it. I don't know squat about this kind of stuff though, so I might be WAY off the mark with that thought.
    ((crosses fingers Tmo might pick it up.))
    phatman the phat stacker!

supafli20 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I'm not sure who to be mad at in this case. Rimm took way too much time in bringing this device to market and even then the bold wasn't at the top of their list, the storm was. Rimm kept saying they were making strides in pursuing the consumer market, yet the only thing they have to show for it in the U.S. to this point is 50 different versions of the pearl and the curve. By the same token AT&T also has to share some of the blame. They needed to push Rimm into beginning to develop this device two or three years ago so it would be ready by now. And as many here have already said, how have GSM carriers released this phone in other parts of the world with no major problems? I've really lost my faith in Rimm and AT&T and it goes down a little more everyday this device goes without launching. That being said I need it to come out already so I can buy it.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    the issues are ATT, not RIM. Device is amazing and works great here up north in canada on the metric system. LOL

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    yep same here (Ottawa Canada) lol even in France it works amazing

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by TeriO View Post
    I wonder if there is a possibility that AT&T will loose the contract to cary the Bold because of the network issues?
    AT&T and RIM have been strategic partners for years. AT&T sells more BlackBerrys than any other carrier in the USA. The real problem was that AT&T was scammed by Apple. At no time did Apple share the technical details with AT&T in terms of bandwidth that was required for a single iPhone. There is not another smart phone in the world that uses 1/20th as much bandwidth as the iPhone. Once again proving the Arrogance of Apple. With complete disregard for everyone else, Apple dropped this on AT&T. Thus AT&T is now in a position to have to add capacity to it's network. Prior to the iPhone AT&T was supplying data to every 3G Motorola, Moto-Q, Blackjack, HTC, AT&T (by HTC), Samsung, Sony Ericsson, and others. As well as thousands upon thousands of other unlocked phones running just fine on the network. So in the end, yes BB users have had to wait, but they will indeed get this done and the wait will be nothing but a memory. The real key to success is the BOLD which is so much better than any other smartphone, it will be around for a long time. Bottom line, RIM has a 10 year track record. Apple is still struggling to make just one good phone. RIM on the other hand has many models as we all know and they are all operating just fine. Fast, secure, stable, and never crash, this is why BlackBerry is a legend. Never underestimate these two Giants, RIM & AT&T will prevail for many years, just as they already have.

TeriO no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    AT&T and RIM have been strategic partners for years. AT&T sells more BlackBerrys than any other carrier in the USA. The real problem was that AT&T was scammed by Apple. At no time did Apple share the technical details with AT&T in terms of bandwidth that was required for a single iPhone. There is not another smart phone in the world that uses 1/20th as much bandwidth as the iPhone. Once again proving the Arrogance of Apple. With complete disregard for everyone else, Apple dropped this on AT&T. Thus AT&T is now in a position to have to add capacity to it's network. Prior to the iPhone AT&T was supplying data to every 3G Motorola, Moto-Q, Blackjack, HTC, AT&T (by HTC), Samsung, Sony Ericsson, and others. As well as thousands upon thousands of other unlocked phones running just fine on the network. So in the end, yes BB users have had to wait, but they will indeed get this done and the wait will be nothing but a memory. The real key to success is the BOLD which is so much better than any other smartphone, it will be around for a long time. Bottom line, RIM has a 10 year track record. Apple is still struggling to make just one good phone. RIM on the other hand has many models as we all know and they are all operating just fine. Fast, secure, stable, and never crash, this is why BlackBerry is a legend. Never underestimate these two Giants, RIM & AT&T will prevail for many years, just as they already have.
    Archer6, fantastic post. Thank you!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired
    yep... ATT messed up, not RIM. And the data transfer amounts is just proof that the iphone does not have the technical sophistication of the BB. Yikes.. that was a "bold" statement.. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast