Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to the Blackberry Bold (which I just ... BlackBerry Bold forum

rdacquay no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold question

Advertisement

Hi, I am a newbie when it comes to the Blackberry Bold (which I just purchased on March 20, 2010). My provider is Rogers Wireless.

I am having difficulty registering a third party software application called LEDNotifier. I obtained it via Handango and it is supported/distributed by Pepper software. I was told by Pepper to contact my provider about obtaining the proper settings for APN. I have now done this but I still continue to get the following message when I try to register LEDNotifier "Unable to connect. Please try later.". I have taken the battery out of the cell phone and reinstalled the software to no avail.

Can anyone help? Thanks

rdacquay

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    First, do you have a Blackberry Data Plan? Next, how and what are your signal strength... in other words, do you have 3G, EDGE or something else in the upper right corner of your home screen.... and how many bars do you have 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5? Also, what OS are you running on your device... go to Options > About... it's usually the 3rd line... v4.x.x.xxx or v5.x.x.xxx or something like that.

Hi, Thanks for the prompt response to my query. I have a data plan and I have 4 or 5 bars (almost full reception/signal strength) 3G. My OS is V 5.0.0.351

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Hi, are you able to connect to the internet? If so you should be able to download and run this app. Did Handango email you a activation code? Usually after you buy an app, they will email you a code you have to put in after you DL it.
    ​Galaxy S4 Red

fatboy97 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Also, is your phone an unlocked phone or a Rogers phone?

Hi,

YES I did get an activation code. When I insert it and then try to access the Internet (which I have no problem doing otherwise) I get the following message "Unable to connect. Please try later". I have inserted the APN settings as per Rogers Wireless but still no luck. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and even taking out the battery. Neither Pepper (software vendor) nor Rogers Wireless know what to do as one blames the other for the problem.

RD

Rogers

pdnewbie no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by rdacquay View Post
    Hi,

YES I did get an activation code. When I insert it and then try to access the Internet (which I have no problem doing otherwise) I get the following message "Unable to connect. Please try later". I have inserted the APN settings as per Rogers Wireless but still no luck. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and even taking out the battery. Neither Pepper (software vendor) nor Rogers Wireless know what to do as one blames the other for the problem.

RD
    I had a similar problem with ReportAway. When I pointed the BB browser to the link and tried to download the app, I got "access denied". The product manufacturer sent me an email with a link, when I opened the email and clicked on the link I was able to install the app.

Pepper software provided me with a link which DID permit me to install the app BUT my problem now is that it will not work as I cannot get the activation code (which I have) registered.

Pepper software provided me with a link which DID permit me to install the app BUT my problem now is that it will not work as I cannot get the activation code (which I have) registered.
    Have you tried ringing Pepper S/W and asking for tech support. Whenever I've had problems with an activation code for s/w I've bought, the company's tech staff have always been able to provide a code over the phone to get the s/w going. I've had that problem several times, usually becuase I couldn't find the code after I trashed my old computer and had to install the s/w on a new one.

Sorry but I do not know what s/w stands for...
    I do not have a telephone number for Pepper.pk and I cannot locate them on the Internet (with a Google search). To date, I have only been able to communicate with them by email.

Sorry but I do not know what s/w stands for...
    I do not have a telephone number for Pepper.pk and I cannot locate them on the Internet (with a Google search). To date, I have only been able to communicate with them by email.
    Sorry about using jargon, s/w stands for software. Their web site is http://www.pepper.pk/ They are based in Lahore, Pakistan, and they do have phone numbers listed (one of them is +92-42-578828). If you are in North America, there is a 10 - 14 hour time difference, depending on where you live.

WOW... Thanks ever so much for the info (telephone number and web site). It sounds like you have dealt with them before. The location and time difference would explain why I do not receive emails from them until midnight (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada time).
    I will certainly be checking their web site. A long distance telephone call may be too expensive. The software I paid for cost me less than $5.00 so I don't need to spend lots of money on a telephone call. If I do not mange to get this software to work, I will just chalk it up to experience and I will no longer buy software from Pepper.pk I sent them another email THIS morning so they may respond later tonight when I am in bed...

Thanks again for the info. It is very much appreciated!

RD

WOW... Thanks ever so much for the info (telephone number and web site). It sounds like you have dealt with them before. The location and time difference would explain why I do not receive emails from them until midnight (Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada time).
    I will certainly be checking their web site. A long distance telephone call may be too expensive. The software I paid for cost me less than $5.00 so I don't need to spend lots of money on a telephone call. If I do not mange to get this software to work, I will just chalk it up to experience and I will no longer buy software from Pepper.pk I sent them another email THIS morning so they may respond later tonight when I am in bed...

Thanks again for the info. It is very much appreciated!

RD
    You're welcome. I've never heard of the company before, I just tracked them down based on the name of the app you have been trying to install. For a $ 5.00 app, I would probably just give up on it. Based on my previous experience with a palm pilot (and what I seem to be learning now with my BB), is that the fewer the number of apps you load, the smoother things will run and the happier you'll be.

Good luck.

Thanks again for your wise words. I will likely just give up as you suggest. The extra work/hassle is not worth it. I just checked out their web site and it appears they only have 9 apps available for the BB. I would suspect the BB market is not their main bread and butter. BTW, I do not plan to load my new BB with a whole bunch of apps. I just thought the experience of an Internet purchase with my BB might be an interesting experience. I have had a BB Curve before my BB Bold 9700 but I did not have a data plan until I got this new phone. I am sure the excitement of the new "bells and whistles" will soon wear off.

RD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast