Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone heard any plans of the bold getting a price drop or coming out ... BlackBerry Bold forum

DoUhOllee no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold price drop or carrier switch soon?

Advertisement

Has anyone heard any plans of the bold getting a price drop or coming out to another carrier? I know its an amazing phone, and I really do want it. However, $300 including the rebate AND a two year extension.. cmon. thats a joke. That's a car payment.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    the Bold just dropped $199 at some places actually just days ago

Just checked, Bestbuy.CA selling for 199 on 3 years

Sorry, forgot to mention: US only lol. So right now I'm looking at cingular as the only option.

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    ahhh , Sorry ^_^ didnt know you were in to US only lol
    Surely with your mighty dollar, if ours is 199, you should be able to find the same, if not now, really soon

drjamie03 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm hoping it comes down for Black Friday. I did pay the $400, realizing it's way overpriced. If it goes down within a month, AT&T said they would refund the difference. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

GregGebhardt no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    No Way
    The Bold was JUST introduced just weeks ago. I think that AT&T will likely keep the price higher for a while. The Bold is not cheap but it is also priced about the same as other newly introduced Blackberry devices.
    Greg
    in Jax, FL

Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. I'm fairly new to the blackberry scene and don't know what the trends are. It just seems like a LOT in this economy and compared to other phones. You could buy TWO iphones for that price. I wouldn't want to, but you could. But the bottom line is that -
    I, Like many others, did pay the price in spite of it being, in my opinion, overpriced.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

On the other hand, the price has dropped twice already in Canada. Yes, it's a different carrier and country, but it did happen.

mac14x no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    217a1629
    I think it will drop 100$ every month just like on rogers
    ~90 people get the swine flu and everyone is wearing face masks. Millions of people have AIDS but no one wears condoms...

Thanks guys. I'm really hoping a $100 price drop comes before my contract is up in january.

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    I don't understand why everyone complains about the price of the Bold

I pay $60 a month for my cell phone bill. My contract is 3 YEARS

I will definitely pay more for service than I ever will for a Bold.

If the Bold makes my experience more enjoyable on the EXPENSIVE monthly price plan, then I will gladly pay it.

Quit complaining. There is nothing anyone here can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ge View Post
    I don't understand why everyone complains about the price of the Bold

I pay $60 a month for my cell phone bill. My contract is 3 YEARS

I will definitely pay more for service than I ever will for a Bold.

If the Bold makes my experience more enjoyable on the EXPENSIVE monthly price plan, then I will gladly pay it.

Quit complaining. There is nothing anyone here can do.
    Unnecessarily rude. That argument is completely idiotic. Since you're already spending money why not spend tons more? I see no logic in that whatsoever. A $300 cell phone is a lot of money, especially in these times. $60 a month for a single person is not a lot at all. I'm sure you have texting and a data plan in there. More people on a plan means each person is cheaper. The point of this topic was not to complain or start an argument. It was to find out if anyone had heard if the price was going to drop. So actually read what people say, and shut your mouth if you have nothing nice to say.

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Quote Originally Posted by DoUhOllee View Post
    Unnecessarily rude. That argument is completely idiotic. Since you're already spending money why not spend tons more? I see no logic in that whatsoever. A $300 cell phone is a lot of money, especially in these times. $60 a month for a single person is not a lot at all. I'm sure you have texting and a data plan in there. More people on a plan means each person is cheaper. The point of this topic was not to complain or start an argument. It was to find out if anyone had heard if the price was going to drop. So actually read what people say, and shut your mouth if you have nothing nice to say.

My thoughts exactly

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    LOL. I'm uh (lol) wondering if it will drop for Christmas.
    I'm sorry that "shut your mouth" comment got me laughing.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    The Bold is so new that we are still in the honeymoon period where demand is high from all the BlackBerry users. Once that period fades, & it will, the price will drop, specials will become available & everyone who waited will be very glad they did. The "halo" around the bold will be temporary. Another development that will push the Bold aside is the intro of the more interesting Storm. People have proven that they want the touch screen.

The promotions & discounts on the Bold could begin in a few weeks. Especially if Apple follows through & drops the price on the iPhone to $99. The analysts have talked a lot about this & Apple confirmed they could go to $99 & still make money. If that happens it will rock the industry. Just what Steve Jobs loves to do. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Should be interesting to see what happens this holiday selling season.
    sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast