Just curious if anyone knows of or is anticipating a price drop from $299 to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

slideaway no está en línea Stack level 2

Bold Price drop anytime soon?

Advertisement

Just curious if anyone knows of or is anticipating a price drop from $299 to $199 (taking MIR into consideration here). Typically AT&T makes some price adjustments from 3-6mo after release, curious to when the Bold will take a hit.
    Last edited by slideaway; 02-04-2009 at 01:01 PM. Reason: MIR comment

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Don't know. Maybe if they get the 8900. I know I cringed when I dropped 399.00 plus tax down for mine. But with the 100$ mail in rebate and what I sold my 8310 for, it ended up costing me about $120 out of pocket. ~via Bold~

calm_tiger no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by slideaway View Post
    Just curious if anyone knows of or is anticipating a price drop from $299 to $199 (taking MIR in to consideration here). Typically AT&T makes some price adjustments from 3-6mo after release, curious to when the Bold will take a hit.
    I agree with chokem maybe if the 8900 pops up soon, but, even then I doubt it. The BOLD is still considered as the high-end BB.

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    [Pure Rumor]
    I heard about a possible price adjustment to $249 on April 1st, 2009.

~via BlackBerry Smartphone~

penpen72 no está en línea Stack level 1
    249 refurb isn't too bad!~via smartphone~

HotCelica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask Meh
    Radioshack offers the Bold at 249.99 to new customer with the purchase of a data plan.

Check non-at&t stores. Stores like Wal-Mart, Radioshack, Best-Buy, Sam's Club usually have better prices than corporate stores.

studio253 no está en línea Stack level 2
    $299 with the instant rebate if purchased online and still qualifies for the $100 mail in rebate. Maybe this is just because I'm on a premier line though. Sorry to the rest of you if that's the reason though.
    ~via smartphone~

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Heard AT&T mgr say pricing there is firm for at least 120 days

joemecu no está en línea Stack level 2
    I totally gave up on a price drop after I got my tax refund. I did however get an extra $50 off because the rep couldn't instantly get a business feature added (CRU account, or something, but it wasn't easily accessible). They persisted, and I had to go to another store in the area anyhow. So, I got mine for around $249.99 + State Tax (after my MIR comes back)

Anyhow, I'm glad I got it, but hopefully a price drop comes out. All I can say is that the phone is worth every penny, to me at least.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    letstalk.com offers the Bold as an upgrade if you are eligible for $149 with a $100 MIR.

BlackBerry® Bold™: Unlimited Package (AT&T)

In Stock

• Price Today: $149.99
    • After Rebates: $49.99

Remove Phone
    Included Accessories

• Lithium ion battery
    • Compact wall charger
    • Earbud headset
    • USB data cable

You have to select an unlimited plan but if you are already on a $79 plan or higher and are eligible for an upgrade, then this sounds really good. I'm eligible this month after the 12th and will be jumping all over this.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    Coming from an at&t sales rep i dont see a price drop coming anytime soon. We carried the 8820 for awhile at 299.99 after 50 MIR and it only dropped shortly before the bold came out.

Also keep in mind that the refurb on our website as with all refurbs offered by at&t only come with a 90 day warranty (as opposed to 1 full year with a new one) and while i currently am carrying and love the bold it has had its fair share of issues so that full year warranty is worth the extra 50 bucks after rebate.

One more thing, with letstalk.com and all other online authorized dealers make sure you read all the other terms and conditions. Most of them have their own term fee if you change any of the required features or minute plan. and its normally somewhere around 300.