Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by dubai_bb The economy or people pinching pennies does not effect the price ... BlackBerry Bold forum

MetalMariachi no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by dubai_bb View Post
    The economy or people pinching pennies does not effect the price of goods like "high end" electronics. Except for discounts for contracts and rebates by the carrier a manufacturer like RIM can/will never sell its flagship phone at under $500-$600. Especially if carriers like Rogers and others around the world are selling flimsy 8300 curves for $500, and 8800 for $600.
    Someone mentioned earlier the exclusivity/status symbol factor which would make sense, and if the phone was being sold outright without contract in the states for like even $300 there would be an uproar by other consumers and carriers around the world, and you would have a huge influx of people from outside the country buying handsets and taking them out. Just like you did with the first apple iphone. I always laughed at how at&t bragged at the sales of the first iphone because you know how many of those handsets were shipped straight out of the country? Nothing to do with at&t. Apple was able to get away with it because the iphone was not being sold outside the US. However the Bold is a different story because it is being sold around the world and RIM has other carriers to answer to. Not just at&t and Rogers.
    Bingo my friend. And face it, no matter how bad the economy is. There will always be one thing that people will always buy. And that my friend, is electronics. As a Circuit City salesman, I see this all day long.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMariachi View Post
    Bingo my friend. And face it, no matter how bad the economy is. There will always be one thing that people will always buy. And that my friend, is electronics. As a Circuit City salesman, I see this all day long.

I agree. I see people running in and out of best buy, circuit city, and tiger direct all day long. Hell, Brands Mart is still packed to the wall with customers buying electronics.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

jgarcia659 no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Based on the newer IPhone, and the fact the the lines have been drawn between apple and bb, pricing will be comprable, in the $300 range. BB cant afford to loose any more market share to apple.

kreesedup no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30bc9b43
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Yes, I think we can all agree about the price being some where in the $300 range. *IF* *eligeble* for "instant" and mail in "rebates" We were debaing the full SRP (price if not eligeble for upgrade) I think we are pretty much in agreement. The streghth of the dollar or our US economy won't be considered in RIM's decision making process when it comes to pricing this bad boy. I still say the $600 dollar range and yes about $300 for new customers or *if* eligeble according to carrier. Which usally means you've had same handset *OR* not purchased one from them(your carrier) in 22/24 mths.

TNgal22 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    just ask
    From Boy Genius article dated 8/12/08

Pricing:
    BlackBerry Bold: The Bold’s pricing hasn’t been revealed yet, but it’s going to be in the $199-$299 price range with a two-year agreement. Or three if you’re unlucky to be a slave to Ted Rogers.

I am ready for it to be released. I want to hold it and compare it to my Curve. I am still on the fence about upgrading.
    Support our Troops!!

Mom to Ashlee

slater no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    32c95540
    Well I just want to rub it in everyones face. I get a free one coming in the mail. My buddies wife owns an atNt store and she's writing the phone off for promotional use.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12