Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

ok my self and many people i know have purchased bolds from ebay.. from international ... BlackBerry Bold forum

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me

bold pin problem answered by RIM

Advertisement

ok my self and many people i know have purchased bolds from ebay.. from international sellers from land near and far. ive had 3 in total. two att branded one un-branded...

all of the pins are locked. no email no bbm. no blackberry registration.

i spent 3 hours on the phone going back and fourth between att and rim and back and fourth...

finally i got on the phone with a down to earth rim rep.. who told me.

"any bold you buy from anywhere in the world that you try to hook up to any united states
    carrier will block the pin as soon as it tries to register to the blackberry
    network in the usa. He said its in there system its automatic and the only
    thing that can be done because he said they received about 100 calls in the
    last week... Is the pin will be released once the bold itself is released in
    the USA... So basically no email no blackberry messanger untill its
    officially released.... He also went on saying the delay in the us is
    because of the high standards the phone companies have on the os. And he
    said any models sold now don't have the newest os updated release because
    the final one goes out tomorrow monday the 18th. So I'm just going to wait
    it out I guess about 10 people I know who have baught one branded all diff
    names all the pins locked once they tried to connect. Its not permanant.

Download opera mini for browsing if u keep it. Its 10x faster cause with the
    pin locked when ur on the web it bounces you around through att and rim and
    bonces back sending yo an error message or severly lags... Any other help
    feel free to email...

so anyone with a bold thats pin isnt working hope this helps..
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

joeperrin212 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    245DA445
    Very interesting! I look forward to hearing from you after monday to see if it does work!
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Yeah keep us updated!

Fergiej no está en línea Stack level 2
    You mean unless you are a celebrity? SO, if nothing can be done about it, how do they do something about it for the likes of John Mayer and all the other celebs seen toting this thing around in recent weeks?

PIN/ID
    LESS
    Cause those are directly provisoned by RIM. ATT execs and RIM employees do not have those restrictions.

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    All my units work and I know the solution to get it released real quick
    A little thing called rim IBS

PIN/ID
    LESS
    :P punk! LOL

kieranwest no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me:)
    Hehe yep....What can I say I'm like their favourite partner :P ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    Any ideas if its also being blocked in other countries that havent released the bold yet?

ugghh..... I am buying one form holland to be shipped to me in Dubai. I would be really upset paying $760 and then it gets here and doesn't work.

planneau no está en línea Stack level 5
    WOW, it's a hell of a news. Thanks for the post. I wil be looking out for it.
    ..........SHAKE N BAKE..........

SunnyD no está en línea Stack level 2
    that sucks man. to me i think its a little unfair to you guys. I'm still waiting till the end of the year to see exactly what im going to be upgrading my phone to though. I had a BB rep guy come into my store (im a tmo rep). He had a BB Bold on him but he wasn't allowed to show it to us which sucked. i really wanted to just play with it sooooooooo bad.

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ look like I'll just wait to buy an att bold and unlock it. LOL

NICKY88XX no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    ok so today something weird happend around 150pm my phone turned itself off and reset itself.... im waiting for the hour glass of death to pop up... but no.. for literally 2 seconds a screen poped up that said user agreement of privacy by rim and then went to verifying security software. i couldnt read what the thing said at all. then i get a message!!! blackberry registration welcome message...... im like practically jumping for joy.... here it is.... its mine my baby yes yes yes.... then boop. shuts off again.. resets again... before i can do anything. the privacy notice things pops up for 2 seconds verifying security software. then notthing... im like oooook.... this device has been 100% stable with no restarts for a week... i go into my host routing tables.. still empty... i go on bis login on my computer put in the pin and imei number... same message. except instead of saying pin suspended or diactivated it says pin not yet active please try again later..... still no bbm. still no email.. still an empty host routing table. did a few battery pulls some hard resets.. and still nothing WHAT A TEASE!!!!!
    www.bbmchat.com sign up today!! come follow me at www.twitter.com/bbmchat and win free blackberry of your choice and cash 1st 1,000 members. spread the word.

Big-O no está en línea Stack level 1

Any update on this?

I just got a BB bold (a retail version in Canada).

Will AT&T lock the PIN for good, or just temporarily until it's released in the US?

Does that mean that BIS/BES wouldn't work either? It couldn't function as a phone?

Or just BB Messenger and Push email?

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3
    just bb messenger and push email wont work. And I think it was mentioned earlier that its only locked until they are released there.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast