Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Has anyone experienced their Bold rebooting by itself? It doesn't seem to matter which app ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Question Bold periodically reboots by itself

Advertisement

Has anyone experienced their Bold rebooting by itself? It doesn't seem to matter which app I have running. Perhaps once or twice a week my Bold just shuts down and reboots. Anyone have a notion of why this is? I'm using OS 4.6.258, but this has occurred many times since I originally purchased this BB about 18 months ago, and using earlier OS versions. Tks.

-------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

aeronaut no está en línea Stack level 1
    had that same problem. I now do a schedule reboot every night a 3am, haven't had any problems since. Sure wish they would update the at&t US version soon.

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    Mine does it too. I check my memory drain a bit more now. Lots of times it reboots itself when you run out. I reboot it in the morning before I leave for work but it still occassionally does it on its own.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.282 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ASTAMUFE no está en línea Stack level 1
    got the same issue, especially while using the media player, while shift between different songs, t suddenly restart by itself
    yet no solution,

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    I haven't had this problem with my Bold, but I do a battery pull and clear logs, cache and all every mornignand every evening. I DID however have this problem with my curve 8310. It did it constantly, no matter who many pulls I did, and it always did it in the middle of phone calls. I guess I could not do my pulls and memory cleaning to see if I can instigate a reboot. Ill update in a day or two.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ajaxn2 no está en línea Stack level 2
    i dont see this issue at all but i do a batt pull and log clear every week when i back up my sd card and bb itself. you may want to try reloading the unit and updating the os if necessary.

OzzieDog no está en línea Stack level 3
    Mine started doing the random restart one week after upgrading to AT&T .297, the drop calls have returned also. Have done battery pull, and several re-installing OS and problem is still there. Bold is a piece of junk along with the crappy AT&T 3G network. Went back to 8820 and have had no problems, doesnt have all the bells and whistles the Bold has but more reliable for me than the Bold. Waiting for the 9700 to come out maybe better. My two cents only.

kayhites717 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!!
    Thank you for your opinion, Ozzie. I hate you are having so many problems with ur bold. I did to, my device got swapped 4 times before I finally got one that works great. It seems as though they didn't really work out all the issues with the bold before they officially released it, but it seems to be getting better. Good luck with your 9700 upgrade.
    BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.297 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102

ablefton no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24a0f56c

Thumbs up Perhaps 3s a charm

I've swapped out my Bold a couple of times with AT&T, maybe 3 times is a charm. So far this one doesn't reboot spontaneously. Let's hope.
    -------------------------------
    Andrew (Gaithersburg, MD)

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I have had no problems with my original bold, nor with my second white bold from rogers. Im thinking there are two issues...country of manufacture and carrier. I have never heard anyone from Rogers speak about reboots on their bolds other then after loading one or two of the recent Beta OS', namely 5.0.0.314 and 5.0.0.348. In fact 348 is KNOWN to send AT&T bolds into a never ending reboot cycle....Why AT&T bolds? I dont know what they have tweeked on their's but something is obviously different inside. So try not to crap on the bold to much. I would suggest trying 4.6.0.303 (very stable) or 5.0.0.238 (very stable). Just my 2 cents! Enjoy and good luck
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    Apple
    ^^ two very good OS. The problem is in the OS and ATT for some of the newer 5.0 beta releases. To ozzie, I guarantee you I can take your bold load an OS, 5.238n and run it all month long with no issues. ATT is horrible about releasing upgrades and I find that I would much rather be on a beta than official from ATT. Its not your BOlD! Its probably the OS. Load, 5.0.0.238, it is stable, start enjoying your bold instead of waiting for ATT to release something.

kavishmunim no está en línea Stack level 1
    Sorry redundant
    Last edited by kavishmunim; 04-26-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: Redundant

Hello Guys
    I have a new BB Bold 9700 and i have not loaded any applications on the phone. Its a new phone ( T mobile unlocked ). I got it from Ebay USA. I am from India.
    But the device reboots at an average of once every two days. When i try to pick a call or make a call or whatever it reboots. Its happened four times till now. What could be the reason guys? How do i solve it? i have a v5.0.0.330( platform 5.1.0.91). Well i dont understand a jack about what these platforms and versions mean.
    Can any1 help me out. I am really worried!!!

Is it possible to solve my problem by some upgrading or anything man???
    Quote Originally Posted by BHP77 View Post
    ^^ two very good OS. The problem is in the OS and ATT for some of the newer 5.0 beta releases. To ozzie, I guarantee you I can take your bold load an OS, 5.238n and run it all month long with no issues. ATT is horrible about releasing upgrades and I find that I would much rather be on a beta than official from ATT. Its not your BOlD! Its probably the OS. Load, 5.0.0.238, it is stable, start enjoying your bold instead of waiting for ATT to release something.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Is it a new device or a used one?

You can try an OS upgrade. The latest official one is .586 which you'll find in the 9700 forum.

Instructions can be found in the Technical Support Blog link in my signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast