Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ice, very sorry to hear of what happened to you and your wife. I am ... BlackBerry Bold forum

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada

Advertisement

Ice, very sorry to hear of what happened to you and your wife. I am however, very thankful that you or your wife were not seriously injured.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

arashb no está en línea Stack level 2
    RIM was founded in 1984, I was about to buy the black bezel myself, this will save me some cash if I get it. Sorry to hear about what happened to you though.

njainar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post
    Last night the wife and I were in Long Beach having some dinner and drinks by the Queen Mary. On our way back to the car we were approached by 2 men. They asked for our wallets and jewerly, so we handed over my wallets and my watch....He said we want all the jewlery !....I told my wife in spanish...."Went I hit this guy you run and scream like hell"....because I will be dammed if I am giving up our wedding rings......

So I hit the guy and turn to hit the guy behind me and all hell breaks loose...I scuffle with the guys for a good 30-40 seconds before someone runs up to help me.....by this time one guys takes off.....the other guy I have pinned down....

long story short...MY BOLD suffered a huge blow.....flew from my jacket pocket and was never to be found again...dont know if the guy took it or if it ended up in the ocean ( we were on a dock walking back to the car)...

Anyways....here is the deal

I just order from CN the ALL Black Bezel, All black Trackball, Torque tool, and the blue tool used to take the parts off.....about $40 WORTH OF STUFF WITH SHIPPING

Here is your gain

All those people who can tell me "when RIM was Founded" will have a chance to win these items for free....I will ship them to you for free....

IF more then one person has the right answer by 10am Monday morning ( 3/16/09 ) then I will place your names into a hat and pull one name and contact your via PM/EMAIL

the question is rather simple....took me all of 3 mins to find it....Good luck

PLEASE.....ONLY BOLD USERS reply....i dont want to ship the item to someone with a 83xx and have you turn around and sell it to someone on here. So please only bold owners so that I know it will be used.

njainar no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by njainar View Post
    The company was founded in 1984 and is headquartered in Waterloo, Canada.

mrvtx no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by ice44 View Post

PLEASE.....ONLY BOLD USERS reply....i dont want to ship the item to someone with a 83xx and have you turn around and sell it to someone on here. So please only bold owners so that I know it will be used.

Holy #$%^! man, ballsy move! Glad it turned out relatively OK.

RIM was founded in 1984 by Dr. Mike Lazaridis when he was a student at the University of Waterloo.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I'm glad your ok. Sorry that you lost your bold.

alwaysbelieve1 no está en línea Stack level 5
    When RIM was founded: 1984 and it was a better year than book, but the book wasn't too bad either.

Aren't you gonna get another Bold sent to you if you had insurance and even if you didn't have insurance won't you be getting another BB that you will be able to use you accessories on? Not that I'm very grateful for your generosity, but just curious.
    Bob Garon II, Kettlebell Coach

Fitness Has Nothing To Do With Looking Good.
    BobGaronTraining.com

Follow Me At:
    Twitter
    Facebook

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Hey guy, really sorry to hear abt the incident... I've been mugged before, got away unscuffed mostly, but its always traumatizing... My x gf was with me on one occasion and she was jittery for weeks...

Glad you guys are ok... Your health and safety are most important...

Rim was founded in 84, just like everyone else up there said... But don't add me to the hat... I'm in pakistan...

Hopefully ya'lls luck will change for the better...

1984 but i say keep them and grab yourself a replacement bold!

ps im glad you and your wife are alright

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    i know i'm late, but wanted to say sorry ice, this really bites.

and i thought chivalry was gone

tiascurve66 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    4U2ASKME
    Ice I am glad that you both are fine but keep in mind that rings can be replaced however you and your wife are not. I understand that the rings were expensive but is it a small price to pay when it comes to life and death right? So are not going to get another bold? What phone are you going to get now?
    BB Girls Rule !

We Don't Tolerate Scum

artcarney no está en línea Stack level 3
    ICE44: So sorry to hear of your loss ... glad it was only your phone!

FYI for your next Blackberry there is a program called Berry Locator. You install it, then if you lose your phone, all you do is send it an email with a predetermined word in the subject line and it will flash and make all kinds of racket. If it can "see" the satellites and your GPS is on, it will reply via email with a map showing its exact location. Of course if it's stolen, the first things the theives will do is dump your sim card, then it's really gone. And if it's in the ocean .....

David

vivmic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Real sorry to hear what happened, but glad to know you are both OK. RIM was founded in 1984
    Last edited by vivmic; 03-16-2009 at 10:44 AM.

sauser676 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242c4ef3
    1984, i have a bold, sorry to hear about what happened
    Graham Sauser
    A-List DJs
    graham@alistdjs.net
    www.alistdjs.net
    Blackberry 9000 (AT&T)

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5
    Thanks to everyone for replying to my post and very simple question. The point of the question wasn't to make things hard but to make it fair for everyone....this way I can take those that answered correctly and enter their names into a hat and have someone pick a name out for me....

Those that entered with the correct answer and that have a BOLD are:

TNLPC
    CHAOS THEORIST
    Morgase
    Totalyunwired
    Lando4
    Chokem
    Arashb
    Njainar
    MAVALLIK
    Alwaysbelieve1
    Mackdaddy135
    Vivmic
    Sauser676

Names were placed into a hat and the winner is

CHOKEM

Chokem....reply to my PM with your address and I will it out in the morning.
    Last edited by ice44; 03-16-2009 at 02:10 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast