Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Last night the wife and I were in Long Beach having some dinner and drinks ... BlackBerry Bold forum

ice44 no está en línea Stack level 5

Bold Owners - my lost is your gain

Advertisement

Last night the wife and I were in Long Beach having some dinner and drinks by the Queen Mary. On our way back to the car we were approached by 2 men. They asked for our wallets and jewerly, so we handed over my wallets and my watch....He said we want all the jewlery !....I told my wife in spanish...."Went I hit this guy you run and scream like hell"....because I will be dammed if I am giving up our wedding rings......

So I hit the guy and turn to hit the guy behind me and all hell breaks loose...I scuffle with the guys for a good 30-40 seconds before someone runs up to help me.....by this time one guys takes off.....the other guy I have pinned down....

long story short...MY BOLD suffered a huge blow.....flew from my jacket pocket and was never to be found again...dont know if the guy took it or if it ended up in the ocean ( we were on a dock walking back to the car)...

Anyways....here is the deal

I just order from CN the ALL Black Bezel, All black Trackball, Torque tool, and the blue tool used to take the parts off.....about $40 WORTH OF STUFF WITH SHIPPING

Here is your gain

All those people who can tell me "when RIM was Founded" will have a chance to win these items for free....I will ship them to you for free....

IF more then one person has the right answer by 10am Monday morning ( 3/16/09 ) then I will place your names into a hat and pull one name and contact your via PM/EMAIL

the question is rather simple....took me all of 3 mins to find it....Good luck

PLEASE.....ONLY BOLD USERS reply....i dont want to ship the item to someone with a 83xx and have you turn around and sell it to someone on here. So please only bold owners so that I know it will be used.
    Last edited by ice44; 03-15-2009 at 01:15 PM.
    The young man knows the rules, and the old man will enforce them!

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Should consider 8900 owners too. Wouldn't sell the bezel but could use the other stuff. If you change your mind-1984.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

TNLPC no está en línea Stack level 1

1984 was the year for RIM i have a Bold ...pin 208620dc

Last edited by TNLPC; 03-15-2009 at 01:32 PM.

chaos.theorist no está en línea Stack level 2
    yeah - it was 1984. sorry to hear about your rough night, man! at least you two are ok!

TNLPC no está en línea Stack level 1
    Rim was founded in 1984....I have a Bold ...pin 208620dc...sorry about what happened to your Bold...

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Man Ice, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. Don't have a Bold so won't answer, but I am glad you and the wife are ok. One or both of you could have lost a lot more than money or your Bold.

jfcooley no está en línea Stack Professional
    Yeah, I didn't mean to sound crass in my reply. Cowboy is correct, it great the two of you are ok. Ballsy move, and glad it didn't backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by moderncowboy View Post
    Man Ice, if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. Don't have a Bold so won't answer, but I am glad you and the wife are ok. One or both of you could have lost a lot more than money or your Bold.

Tell me about it...been a rough year for me and the family....but I will be dammed if I let it get us down...with the way the economy is the Cops said crime like this is going to become more common as people try make ends meet

Quote Originally Posted by jfcooley View Post
    Yeah, I didn't mean to sound crass in my reply. Cowboy is correct, it great the two of you are ok. Ballsy move, and glad it didn't backfire.
    I knew the guys were "new" to this by their actions....plus the tip of the gun looked like it was painted with a marker...I could still see some of the orange/red saftey tip.....

plus i paid to dam much $$ for the wifes ring..LOL

Morgase no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ASKME4IT
    • Founded in 1984
    • Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Wedding rings are very precious.
    I'm glad you and your wife didn't get hurt but I am sorry for your loss. Was it insured? ATT is now offering insurance plans on Blackberries. I was pretty happy when I heard that.
    Last edited by Morgase; 03-15-2009 at 02:07 PM.
    Sometimes at night, the Moon howls and the Wolves listen.

~Morgase~
    Device Pro, Bellshare Moderator

For Bellshare support please go to:
    Bellshare Customer Service

totalyunwired no está en línea Stack level 1
    Founded in 1984 and based in Waterloo, Ontario, RIM operates offices in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Well that is the sign of the times unfortunatly. I'm glad you and your wife are ok.

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF

Question blackberry bold

RIM was founded in 1984
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Oh man, ice. Glad you guys are okay, but the whole thing sucks that it hadda happen to you. Like you said these are desperate times and people are taking desperate measures.

Glad you got to take one guy down and somebody actually helped you out, too! Most times people just stand there and don't want to get involved.

Sorry to hear about your Berry, but thank God nobody got hurt and you didn't lose your jewelry. I know whatcha mean about the price of those rings!

lando4 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30FB09EF
    On our way back to the car we were approached by 2 men. They asked for our wallets and jewerly, so we handed over my wallets and my watch
    well they asked you could have said NO..and keep the violence to a minimal
    i am glad your ok though. sometimes you godda look back and stuff like this and laugh..i guess recession got the better of them or was it early child hoods
    Lando
    (googletalk/latitude)
    landopecs@gmail.com

PIN# 30FB09EF
    http://jackshill.hi5.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast