Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Originally Posted by ranxoren hahaha completely OFF TOPIC there mister :P www.freeyourcellphone.com is what youre ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dubai_bb no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    hahaha completely OFF TOPIC there mister :P
    www.freeyourcellphone.com is what youre looking for tho.

as far as memory leaks im sitting at 35mb free all the time since upgrading to .134 and thats with tons of apps installed/running.

damn you! With .134, im sitting at 23mb, no apps running.
    8900 Curve, IPHONE 3G, SAMSUNG JET, NOKIA E71, BOLD, STORM 9500

wminnis no está en línea Stack level 1
    Rogers 9000 on 'release day' in Canada
    OS 4.6.0.125

Application Memory sitting at 25 MB
    Device Memory sitting at 858 MB free
    4 GB mem card sitting at 3.7 Gig

No issues with memory leaks that I can see (no memory errors at least - its not something I actively monitor).

Wifi in both Corporate and Home settings is very nice. No issue turning off 3G in either environment and receiving SMS, MMS or Email from our BES server.

VPN client seems to work (NGX 60) but have yet to install a VNC or RDP client successfully to test speed and screen real-estate issue.

Internal Web Apps via the BES work fine.

Great Screen.... Youtube videos stream fine (but quality and youtube content sucks as usual

Battery is more limited than my curve (plug in required at minimum every 2 days - but wonder how Wi-fi always on impacts that.)

Camera 'seems' better - no doubt due to gorgeous screen. Video camera is a cool toy.

I think the track ball is more recessed than my Bold - but that is good. I found the Bold trackball jumping to either above or below my selection and that seems better with Bold trackball.

No issue with Google Maps.

Continually finding new and wonderful things!

yohinomura no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2554CA71
    Bold 9000 from Optus
    OS 4.6.0.126

Application Memory sitting at 30 MB
    Device Memory sitting at 857 MB free
    1 GB mem card sitting at 831 Mb free

No issues with memory leaks that I can see (no memory errors at least).

Great Screen.... like a HDTV for phone.

Battery is very limited, used it morning and evening to listen music on the way to work and home, meanwhile in afternoon, for email, SMS, and phone calls.
    Left with 40% by the time I reach home (~12 hrs usage).

No issue with Google Maps, Windows Live Messenger and Facebook installed.

michaelk no está en línea Stack level 2
    Woops, missed this post. Got my Bold about 2 weeks ago. Been noticing some memory issues, comes and goes, have a few issues with the browser, and at times there are java errors when my phone starts, forcing me to restart. I figure the next 4.6 iteration will take care of all this. Aside from that, I love this toy.

Carrier -- Rogers (got it thru Corp Upgrade services, because no store would sell it to me on an upgrade)
    OS -- 4.6.0.125 (platform .134)
    App mem free -- 12.4 MB
    Device memory free -- 858.9 MB
    Last edited by michaelk; 09-06-2008 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Added stats

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Carrier - Rogers (got it on release day)
    OS - 4.6.0.125 (Platform 4.0.0.134)
    App Memory Free 14.9 MB
    Device Memory - 855.0 MB

No issues at all.

At 38,000' over Winnipeg I had an edge connection (I know, I turned off Wifi when I was trying to turn off the Network)..... When it rang I was embarrassed but impressed.... :-)

The Only time I have fallen below an edge connection was in the centre of Georgian Bay in Ontario. In the time I have had it reception has been great from Alberta to Ontario and back!!

I love this phone!
    Last edited by Sirthinks; 09-07-2008 at 03:46 AM. Reason: OOOps... I am a MORON! Not 355 MB
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

mpshah no está en línea Stack level 2
    hey guys, just got my bold in the mail. I have to say its an amazing device (8320 owner). I got it from Orange (UK) but the sad part is that im still waiting to get my unlock code from www.freeyourcellphone.com. Does anyone know how long do they take to give the code?

P.S - Loving the BOLD experience.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    they usually take up to 12 hours but you and JB are having an incredibely long wait (hes been waiting since yesterday 8am so close to 36hours).
    i got mine in 12hours thru JB on his first order (where we didnt put the right imei for him).

jimmbee652 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e6534
    Hey MPSHAH, Let me know if you get your code......the wait is a major buzzkill.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbee652 View Post
    Hey MPSHAH, Let me know if you get your code......the wait is a major buzzkill.
    yeah tell me about it. i just can't wait to get the phone unlocked and start using it....

they usually take up to 12 hours but you and JB are having an incredibely long wait (hes been waiting since yesterday 8am so close to 36hours).
    i got mine in 12hours thru JB on his first order (where we didnt put the right imei for him).
    I'm guessing since my bold is from Orange (UK), that might be the factor for them to take so long. But then again you never know what it could be. Well I'm keeping my fingers crossed and playing the waiting game....

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    that might just be it but i just think like JB said that they probably dont work on weekends or are really slow during them

that might just be it but i just think like JB said that they probably dont work on weekends or are really slow during them
    Cool. Pls let me know if JB gets his code.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    yeah i havent had any 3G problems i guess its just a couple units out there or maybe i got one of the few lucky ones.
    As far as battery its way enough for me as i use my car charger while driving.
    OS is really responsive.
    Only thing that annoys me is : How in he*l do you access the 1gb memory ??? i plug my bold to my mac and turn on mass storage mode, detects the media card but doesnt detect the 1gb ... i dont get it ...
    Mine is there.... It appears as drive f on my puter. The one gig is actually only 859 MB.... I am assuming the OS etc takes up the other 140 Mb
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

rmusa06 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    21608d05

No problem

I use my bold with telkomsel. I've used it for 2 days and have no problem.

BBscreen-rmusa06-1.bmp

FernandoCepeda no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    205B2C28
    I've had my Bold for 2 days now. I was running DM 4.6 (the beta) and had to install de DM 4.6 that came with it to be able to switch devices through DM. Beta version gave me errors 3 times.
    Mine is from Movistar (Venezuela)its running 4.6.0.92 (although *myver* says: 9000/4.1, odd right?).
    I've been loosing EDGE but seems to be some work the carrier is doing to test/launch their 3G Network next Month (Hopefully). Had the same issue with the Curve recently.
    Memory seems low (Tops at 34Mb after a reset, Lowest I've seen is 12) although I'm running WLM, Viigo, GPSed, Facebook and Opera Mini. And haven't deleted all the imput langs.
    Btw, HATE the look of the bb msgr...

Love the phone though... It came loaded with an BMW M3 vid that kicks ***. the screen is surreal.

I find it anoying to have to "safely disconnect" both memories every time I connect to my laptop (internal and SD), I wish there was an option to block/disable the internal mem.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast