Purchased my Bold Saturday and all was good except for today when i went to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

KPSK no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold owner

Advertisement

Purchased my Bold Saturday and all was good except for today when i went to work and am having lousy reception with it and not being able to use it most of the day. Anyone else having this issue? My Curve was not too great either but i at least had 2 bars and no problems.

Nicholaus no está en línea Stack level 3
    When I got my bold I went ahead and got a new sim for it also. Mine is working perfectly and haven't had any flaws that other people are talking about. I don't really know what would cause to have really bad reception like that. Is it at work only, or all over?

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholaus View Post
    When I got my bold I went ahead and got a new sim for it also. Mine is working perfectly and haven't had any flaws that other people are talking about. I don't really know what would cause to have really bad reception like that. Is it at work only, or all over?
    Indeed, when you are purchasing a 3G device to go on ATT or any networks' new 3G service for that matter, always transfer your services over to the new sim card that came with the phone as it is enhanced to work on the 3G network better than your old is one.
    That could be your problem

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    I have had my Bold for over a week now and my reception is great..... It is always in 3G... I have 3 to 4 bars at work and 4 to 5 bars when I am at home! It is great being a Bold owner and I have not had any issues with my Bold.
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

KPSK no está en línea Stack level 1
    just at work. All other places have 5 bars. Also i lose 3G connection and get put on Edge. Most of the time i had the SOS icon.
    Last edited by KPSK; 11-10-2008 at 10:08 PM.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG
    Where do you work at? It sounds like you work on the bottom floor/ in the basement; concrete walls.....
    "A clear cut vision is the best path to success.. persistence is the vehicle you arrive in..." -Rev. Run

Crackberry @ddict for LIFE..........

xaroc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30544A9E
    Reception is always been very good for me , better then my old Telus Curve (Telus is known for being bad in the first place lol) but anyways i rarely ever drop lower then 4 bars. and solid 3G at all times

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    As mentioned earlier, the best way to insure you receive all available signal strength is to be sure you have a new 3G sim. If it drops down to EDGE or even GPRS, that's still good enough for voice, no problem. Data is a different matter as it requires a stronger signal. If your call quality suffers, that's simply a result of your geographic location. It is not unusual for any carrier to have small localized weak or even dead zones. An example is my neighbor who lives three houses down from me. We both have the same 8310's & the same carrier. At his house reception is very poor. Once we walk out of the house and into my home, the calls are crystal clear. I have experienced this with all three of the carriers I am doing business with. So, the good news is nothing is wrong with your phone.

via Archer's BlackBerry 8310

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

prettyboy2388 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    249E145B
    Nope, everything's so far so good w/ my Bold. No complaints whatsoever yet.
    Stephane 'thedoc' Elias

DjSmooth no está en línea Stack Professional
    3G and WiFi all over the place. At home it would always jump on the WiFi, so I usually disable WiFi through "Network Manager" just so I can use 3G.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by DjSmooth View Post
    3G and WiFi all over the place. At home it would always jump on the WiFi, so I usually disable WiFi through "Network Manager" just so I can use 3G.~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    haha my wifi is still faster than 3G then again i have a 18mbps line but yeah why would you do that ?