Hey Everyone, Using a BlackBerry Bold from the might and unreliable AT&T. I'm having the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

dakrisht no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold OS Help Please

Advertisement

Hey Everyone,

Using a BlackBerry Bold from the might and unreliable AT&T.

I'm having the following issue:

The backlight will NOT turn off, no matter what I do.

I'm thinking it's time to re-install the OS.

Could someone please lead me in the right direction on re-installing the Operating System and starting from scratch? (where I can get the proper software, utilities, guide, etc.)

Help is much appreciated, thank you!

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    Have you tried a battery pull? And welcome to the Stacks. You've come to the perfect place for help.

dakrisht no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey Moto, thanks. I've posted over 30-40 posts here under this UN a while back - strange?

Yes, I've tried the battery pull a couple times - the phone also rings 20% of the time, something could have moved inside due to a drop - but I feel that the backlight issue could be resolved with a new OS install.

I know there's a command utility for Windows to wipe a device, used it on a 8800 but not sure about the Bold. Maybe there's newer stuff (tools), obviously need the AT&T software that it has (or something else - doesn't matter to me)

Thoughts?

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    That's odd. Any device (mainly the Storm) would have that problem with the backlight and a battery pull would resolve it for awhile. That was later resolved with an OS update. If you are not on the lastest OS, I would definitely suggest this. If you are on the latest, then I would recommend backing up your device, then using Jl_cmder to wipe it. It is still the tool to use. Then reinstall your OS.

Are you comfortable with doing that?