Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thanks alot bhp77,I have it up an runnin now.Your insight is what I needed.added some ... BlackBerry Bold forum

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220

Advertisement

Thanks alot bhp77,I have it up an runnin now.Your insight is what I needed.added some trust points .You went above and beyond to help me out! Thanks again.
    " B safe "

nova609 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have updated to the .411 and for a week now have been loving it....I've heard that some people had to do a "browser fix", not sure what that is or why it needs done...I haven't had any issues with my browser...should it be done anyway??

One more thing, new years eve I tried to send a mass sms message to some friends and noticed with the new threaded sms format, I was unable to do this(send one message to multiple contacts at once). Am I doing something wrong or is this merely a sacrifice for the new OS?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    no, if your browser is working then you don't need to do the fix. As far as your sms issue, not sure what you're doing, when you go into sms, hit the c key, brings up your "to" and select the first character of the contact, select the contact from the list, repeat the process, then write your message and send.

kjaslow no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi, all. I upgraded to .411 with no issues as far as I can tell. Love the way the week calendar view shows details about appointments at the bottom instead of as a tooltip. However, I do not see any option for tabs in my browser. I'm not on AT&T. Even still, I did try the browser fix because I never saw any explanation of what it fixes and I thought I'd take a chance. It did not give me tabbed browsing. Any ideas what I'm missing?

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    no tabbed browsing
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

Rats. Is that just not implemented yet? I've seen all sorts of reports on "the Internets" about how OS 5 is supposed to include it, and even saw some screenshots (mockups?) of menus that show tabs. Anyone have some scoop?

Anyone else notice that the shortcut key to get to Profiles from the home screen ('F') no longer works?

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Noticed but I have "dial from homescreen" on.

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3
    I just upgraded to 4.6.0.303 on Rogers...and would like to try 5.0.411.
    Is it best to do a wipe device ( never did this before ) or just a straight upgrade with DM?

thx for any thoughts and experience

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've always done a backup and then a wipe before installing a new OS. Thing seem to go cleaner that way. Also, if you have a media card make sure and remove it before the upgrade. Although I've never had a problem upgrading with the media card inserted I have read of others having problems.
    Good Luck! You'll love 5.0.0.411

PIN/ID
    Apple
    OK. Sorry for so long to post this jrmtl. This is how I do it. First,search bbsak, once you find the link download it to the PC. Backup your bbm contacts if you haven't already. I always make a backup once a week so if you haven't backed up your device open DM and make your backup. Find the OS thatyou want and dl it to your PC. Then install it to the PC after its finished downloading. Once that is taken place, remove your sim and SD card from your device and open bbsak. Once the phone boots up connect your BBC to the PC and make a backup of your third party Apps. Then wipe the device. Once it has rebooted click load OS on bbsak. This Wilmington open the loader. It should either give you the option of what OS you want( disregard the suggested one if that's not the one you want) or it will select the latest one. Either way make sure your loading the one you want which in this case is 5.0.0.411. Select next. Select the items you want installed and click next. Install. After that its done. Connect to DM and restore your device. If you need any more help shoot me an email as I'm using the nexus now and don't have a BB online. Hope that is what you where looking for.
    Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1; en-us; Nexus One Build/ERD79) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17

jrmtl no está en línea Stack level 3
    Thanks for those steps ! can you ping or PM me your email again ?
    Last edited by jrmtl; 01-07-2010 at 12:05 PM.

PIN/ID
    Apple
    pm sent

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have a little glitch! I wiped the device and now it says reload software:507
    When I tell BBSak where the software is there is no .axl or.ali files to copy?
    Something is definetely wrong! Any ideas or suggestions?

edit: Something is currently loading ... It looks promising I hope!
    Last edited by tessitori; 01-08-2010 at 01:12 AM.

tessitori no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok, I am happy to report that 5.0.411 loaded perfectly!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast