Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I'm sorry, I realize this isn't news but I had to stop by using the ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Bold OS Bliss!!!

Advertisement

I'm sorry, I realize this isn't news but I had to stop by using the Bold itself and vent (positively) a little about things.

All I can say about 5.0.0.411 is WOW! I was lucky enough not to have a single issue during the entire process and everything is running great. The OS itself has never felt more responsive, even compared to earlier 5.0 builds. The web browser is what's really leaving a mark, everything is just so polished. Obviously its amazing to have word wrap back but its the little things like the accelerated trackball speed and link highlighting that really do it for me.

Sorry, that's enough for now...I just had to get some of that out of my system and my wife's eyes only roll back so far.

ealvnv no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    welcome to the club......
    When i say i have Bold family phones, I meant it, from the older to the younger, even the unborn ;)

drice30721 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    "My wife's eyes only roll back so far" lol that's so very true bro. How did you find .411 I've been looking and cannot find it?

alryder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I've been having a great experience with .411 also. It's looking like a winner!

Quote Originally Posted by drice30721 View Post
    How did you find .411 I've been looking and cannot find it?
    Go here and check the link in post #320. The link is still working as of this morning.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    .411 has got to be the best build for Bold users right now... I downloaded it the day it was leaked and I have been loving it every since!!! I previously had the leaked 5.0 for my 8330 and there was a problem with themes, so I was initially worried about this happening on my Bold, but no issues at all!!! I'm loving the good life on 5.0 with my Bold!!!

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Also just noticed that .411 (maybe an earlier release as well) implements threaded SMS!!!

I have no idea how many times I tried hitting "R" and searching through menu options before I opened the message to find that it's threaded!!!

All in all I'm completely blown away by everything, 1 day so far and no errors or restarts.

PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Alryder thanks for the link.
    Cornelious, what methods did you use to install the os onto your bold? I will be trying to install 411 when I get off of work today.

SGZrazberry no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Just ask
    The easiest and cleanest way is to download bbsak, back up ur Berry and third party apps, uninstall the current BB OS, install the new OS on ur computer. Open BBsak, click on Wipe OS, confirm low level wipe, it will teLl you when its done, click on load OS..wait and it will tell you when done. Presto. Takes all of 5 minutes.

PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    will this os work for the at&t bold? I remember the last one didn't work for at&t bolds

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    From what I have read....it is fine but you have to do the browser fix. It is a great build, very polished. The OS loading procedure I have outlined above is all I use now. There are no issues, and you are also able to back up your apps with BBSAK and reload them after the new OS is loaded in a flash. I am not familiar with the browser fix as I am with Rogers. Good luck Drice
    godsdameatIluvdezlittleboxes

The answer to everything?...BBSAK http://rimgeeks.com/viewtopic.php?f=62&t=56

PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    what is the browser fix? how is this done?

mobile99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I'm sorry, I realize this isn't news but I had to stop by using the Bold itself and vent (positively) a little about things.

All I can say about 5.0.0.411 is WOW! I was lucky enough not to have a single issue during the entire process and everything is running great.
    A very impressive feat from a company like RIM. It only took them years to get it right. Or close.

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    .411 does indeed work on the AT&T Bold... I'm using it mine right now... only thing you'll need to do is the browser fix which can be found here...

PIN/ID
    20EF37F6
    Ok, I installed the os and did the browser fix. Everything works great. So far, I am really loving the os. One of the major additions would be threaded sms. One draw back I noticed is I cannot check in the save box (the box on the pinstack sign in page that enables your browser to automatically sign users in) but oh well. I can do without that.

PIN/ID
    Just ask
    I have noticed this as well while using the launcher but it resolves...somehow... Anyways, its a great build.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast