Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

One of the nicest and most surprising thing for me is I have yet to ... BlackBerry Bold forum

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C

Advertisement

One of the nicest and most surprising thing for me is I have yet to see a smartphone with a screen nicer then the Bolds. Essentially you can take the resolution of the Storm/iPhone and condense the same pixel count into something half the size...there's the Bold. Now I know its not exactly that way, but its pretty darn close...enough for me to "wow" my iPhone using friends. I even stopped in at a Telus kiosk the other day, had the rep trying to talk up the Storms screen for movies and whatnot...until I played him a scene I ripped from Star Wars Episode III, all it took was that 30 second lightsaber fight for him to completely change his tune!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    One of the nicest and most surprising thing for me is I have yet to see a smartphone with a screen nicer then the Bolds. Essentially you can take the resolution of the Storm/iPhone and condense the same pixel count into something half the size...there's the Bold. Now I know its not exactly that way, but its pretty darn close...enough for me to "wow" my iPhone using friends. I even stopped in at a Telus kiosk the other day, had the rep trying to talk up the Storms screen for movies and whatnot...until I played him a scene I ripped from Star Wars Episode III, all it took was that 30 second lightsaber fight for him to completely change his tune!

Wait till you see the 8900..... One Sexy screen. 480x360..... Even the Bold pales.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinks View Post
    Wait till you see the 8900..... One Sexy screen. 480x360..... Even the Bold pales.
    I will agree that the 8900 has a slightly higher resolution in an even small package, but the fairly small increase in size does wonders for the eyes. I found it very akward to watch movies on my Curve not because of the resoltion but the screen size.

To each there own I guess but one way or another RIM takes the cake!

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by cornelious0_0 View Post
    I will agree that the 8900 has a slightly higher resolution in an even small package, but the fairly small increase in size does wonders for the eyes. I found it very akward to watch movies on my Curve not because of the resoltion but the screen size.

To each there own I guess but one way or another RIM takes the cake!
    TRUE! Man we are some rim loving mofo's...

jaesternbach no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24b04967
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyssa View Post
    so yesterday i went to at&t to upgrade my phone to the bold, where i all of a sudden was convinced to get the iphone. i am so lost as to which one will better fit my needs so i thought i'd go to the pros for help. i know a lot of people will be biased but i'm willing to hear everyone's opinions. i have searched online for ages and keep going back and forth between the two. so here's a few facts about me:

1. had the blackberry pearl, LOVED IT. things i immediately missed when i got my iphone: the blinking red light at the top (I AM DYING WITHOUT IT even though it's so minor), no touch screen.

2. things i like about the iphone: the applications, an ipod because someone stole mine at school, the fact that it syncs to my mac, made me actually use my calendar and now i have all of my contacts on my computer

PS. i tend to drop my phone a lot/occasionally. do iphone screens really break that easily?

the real big problem i'm having is just the transition from blackberry to iphone, i just can't decide if the iphone is a better phone to suit my needs. anyways if i want to switch back to the blackberry i only have a certain grace period so if you have opinions please let me know because i am completely swayed back and forth. i think there are just certain minor features that i miss from the blackberry but i can't decide if it's worth it to stay with the iphone.

copy paste/mms and other such things dont REALLY matter to me but if i have them on my device (like i did with the pearl) they are nice to have

sorry for the novel. thanks in advance for your help!

I have both an iphone and a bb. I find the iphone has much better internet and wifi signal. And who can resist the wireless ability to use itunes?!

However, the blackberry beats the iphone in every other thinkable category! If your a heavy sms and e-mail user than, the blackberry is the number one choice. No matter how advanced we get, nothing will EVER beat a physical keypad. Nothing. Try typing out a text message on the iphone with both hands. Hard right?

The ability to instantly get emails as soon as they're sent is paramount. None of this refresh, to see if you have a new message crap. It's all there when you want and how you want it. Copy and paste might not seem like a big deal, but trust me, it's one of those things that, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone."

The blackberry might not be as streamlined, have such a pretty os, or be able to purchase itunes songs, but it's much more durable than that of an iphone. If your someone that drops their phone a lot, than that precious iphone screen might get cracked. Besides, who wants to pay $250 through apple to get the screen replaced? No joke; I've inquired.

One other thing, if you live in an area that gets cold enough where you need to wear gloves, try using that precious iphone with gloves on. Cant right?

bublio no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here's my take on the iphone or Bold question. I have both iphone 3G and the Bold. Each has their own strong point.

Bold: perfect for heavy email and chat users. email and chatting for work where during typical workdays I receive and reply to many emails and chat inquiries.

Iphone: perfect for multimedia, gorgeous web browser, itunes, ipod, photo album and slick interface. Some apps are implemented better on the iphone like Bloomberg and Facebook.

I found myself carrying two phones most of the time. Tough choice indeed.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyssa View Post
    haha i know that is my problem! i feel like i'm a traitor with the iphone, like i've sold out to blackberry hah. im way too emotional about a cell phone
    Hey they are ALL smartphones! So don't worry you'll be more than welcomed here if you get the iPhone. But for now I would choose the Bold or 8900 as well.

Ggrego no está en línea Stack level 1
    I only have a few comments to post. I too owned an iphone 3g for about a month. It is true they have a great browser if not as stable as you would hope. The appstore is also a pretty cool. The touch screen, virtual keyboard was the killer for me. I feel like the iphone is a great toy but the bold is an invaluable tool. I gave the iphone to my wife and never looked back. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    bublio, I completely agree with you when it comes to the advantages of each option. Obviously the list could be longer but you summed it up really well. I view a smartphone as more of a tool then a toy, I may do forum posting and watch movies on my Bold but in the end I personally consider a smartphone to be a productivity tool first and foremost. Some phones are flashier then others in different ways, but if a so-called smartphone is lacking some any number of key areas or is inefficient when it comes to day to day productivity then I have a really hard time recommending it.

I know that the iPhone is still considered a smartphone and does strongly appeal to many people, but my personal opinion of the iphone is that it's more of an iPod Touch that let's you make phone calls as opposed to a smartphone that's also an mp3 player/web browser.

Sorry if I come off harsh or aggresive, it is not my intent...these are simply some of the key points I stress whenever somebody brings up this same decision in person and I figured there's nothing wrong with keeping consistent.

bluebugangel no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Plz Ask
    Quote Originally Posted by Ggrego View Post
    I only have a few comments to post. I too owned an iphone 3g for about a month. It is true they have a great browser if not as stable as you would hope. The appstore is also a pretty cool. The touch screen, virtual keyboard was the killer for me. I feel like the iphone is a great toy but the bold is an invaluable tool. I gave the iphone to my wife and never looked back. ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

I couldn't have said it better myself. I have a friend who is a major computer nerd, and has always been a MAC person. As soon as the iPhone came out, he purchased one! He thought it was the greatest thing in the world until this last Christmas when he bought me my BOLD. He asked if he could pry it out of my hands long enough to play with it. I told him to go ahead, and needless to say, he now carries a BB. LOL

I have another friend whose wife gave him an iPhone in November, but is now back to a BlackBerry.

Both friends reported the iPhone as being a great "toy" compared to the BlackBerry phones. The iPhone was reported as having bad reception and not being able to hear very well on it. Also, picture messaging with the iPhone is a pain in the behind. Apparently, there is no such thing, when you receive a picture message to the iPhone you have to open it on a computer, as the iPhone does not support it. I get email, picture messaging, etc. to my BB and have NEVER had trouble!

BenTrovato no está en línea Stack level 1
    I just came onboard with the bold from the iphone. I still miss the touchscreen and all the entertainment apps from the appstore.

The web browsing on the iphone is about 10,000 times better than the bold. Other than that the bold is awesome. they are different phones, i wouldnt compare them directly. I just needed better email device, blackberry messenger and a device with removable battery. the iphone still holds a place in my heart but it was time to move on to something more capable.

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
    I just came onboard with the bold from the iphone. I still miss the touchscreen and all the entertainment apps from the appstore.

The web browsing on the iphone is about 10,000 times better than the bold. Other than that the bold is awesome. they are different phones, i wouldnt compare them directly. I just needed better email device, blackberry messenger and a device with removable battery. the iphone still holds a place in my heart but it was time to move on to something more capable.
    I have to completely agree -- they really aren't comparable. They fit very different usage patterns and needs.

If you want pure productivity, the iPhone isn't for you. If you want pure entertainment, the Bold isn't for you. They both fill different needs and I think people often get hung up on comparing them.

At the end of the day, whatever device fits your personal needs is the right device for you! Personally, having strayed to Windows Mobile for a week, I'm all the more sure that despite my grievances with RIM, I'm a BB User at heart.
    As always, just my opinion...
    mjwood0 (at) pinstack (.) com
    Remove PTT | OS Upgrade

cbeslash no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    26936cc9
    Go with the bold and just buy yourself a ipod touch they have gotten pretty reasonable especially the first gen ones

PIN/ID
    235B134C
    You guys have said it perfectly, the iPhone isn't meant to be compared to the Bold or vise versa, they are priducts that fit different segments of the market.

I'm loving my Bold more then ever but I do still give my iPhone toting friends props when its due for what their phone does well.

~via Blackberry Bold (wap.pinstack.com)~

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well of course they aren't supposed to be compared but in a situation like mine where I wanted to choose between them, they have to be compared

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast