Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well I belong to the 11% that didn't enjoy the iphone, that's what the AT&T ... BlackBerry Bold forum

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5

Advertisement

Well I belong to the 11% that didn't enjoy the iphone, that's what the AT&T rep told me. I had a Pearl, then tried the iphone 2G for about three weeks. I hated the touch screen keyboard, so email and SMS/MMS was a big problem for me. The browser was the best thing about the iphone, it was amazing! I went back to the 8120 (the pearl with wifi) and I love it. I felt myself always looking for that red notification light too when I had the iphone. My wife has the iphone 3G and is in love with it, she dosen't like the pearl....I think that you need to give the iphone a chance and then you'll really know if you like it or not. But, don't wait too long...you won't be able to switch back! LOL

RayZ no está en línea Stack level 5
    http://forums.pinstack.com/blogs/win...lackberry.html as far as movies, check out that thread, it talks about the imovies down at the bottom. I hope that it helps.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    indeed, movies I have on my blackberrys are direct RIPs from my DVDs.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7
    Don't forget Blackberry Media Sync! Transfer all your iTunes to your Berry
    Last edited by Berryadict; 12-28-2008 at 06:21 PM.

Seaghostkilla no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2404E145
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~stick with you blackberry. Best device I have ever used so far.....

mjwood0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Not having used an iPhone for any real time all I can do is give you a little help with the problems with the BlackBerry. I too have a Mac (lucky work gives me a windows laptop for updates and such) but you can sync your calender with your BlackBerry from your mac. All you have to do is sync your Mac calender with a google calender and sync your BlackBerry to that using the google apps.

Sounds hard, but once setup works great!

Good luck!!!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Last edited by mjwood0; 12-29-2008 at 05:52 AM.

aiyssa no está en línea Stack level 2
    thanks for everyone's opinion! i went right out today and switched for the blackberry bold, and i can already tell i am much better off! there are of course things im going to miss from my one day with the ipod, but i'll live! haha

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by aiyssa View Post
    thanks for everyone's opinion! i went right out today and switched for the blackberry bold, and i can already tell i am much better off! there are of course things im going to miss from my one day with the ipod, but i'll live! haha
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~NICE!! and of course any questions you have or any help you need settling in...we're here

i actually do have one question! i am trying to use the media sync and i have tiger and not leopard, does that mean i can't sync my itunes music then? and if so, are there any other programs where i can get my music on my phone? thanks!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Just by nature of needing to ask the question on Pinstack, which is by and large a BB forum, means you already know the answer.

I hope you made the right choice.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

and to add to my question, pocket mac from this site: http://www.pocketmac.com/bborder.php .. it's free, is it a scam or something? is it the pocket mac that everyone is talking about in these forums? i know there is one from apple but do people actually download it? it seems a little fishy to me because it's free but if someone vouches for it then i will do it.

cornelious0_0 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    235B134C
    aiyssa, I'm so glad to hear you came back to the tactile side, mwahaha.

No really, like most others here I strongly prefer the blackberry OS and my Bold. The appeal of the iPhone overall does tend to wear off quite a bit after a couple months of daily use. I have been quite successful at getting the attention of some of my friends that have had iPhone 2Gs since release, the poor fools are stuck in their contracts and can't stop oogling my Bold.

The strong points of the iPhone are the interface, internet browser and multimedia functions but in all fairness I prefer the use/interface of the Bold over the iPhone. The internet browser and multimedia playback may be more flashy on the iPhone, but it all works pretty damn well on the Bold as well, I see no real downsides.

All in all you couldn't pay me to trade off my Bold for an iPhone, not even a Storm...RIM has done so much so well that I have no reason to even LOOK at another device for a good long while.

Maybe this'll be my first phone to make it to the end of one of my contracts lol.

rweckhoff no está en línea Stack level 3
    Aiyssa -
    No it is not a scam - PocketMac is free and will provide the basic services the the desktop manager provides Windows users. You will still need access to a Windows machine in order to do firmware upgrades however.
    You will not regret your decision to go to the Bold. I too have owned virtually every phone from the iPhone 2G, Curve, iPhone 3G and the Storm. The Bold by far continues to impress with its speed, form, and flawless function.
    Best of luck.

offthahorseceo no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    24A2AD7C
    Quote Originally Posted by rweckhoff View Post
    Aiyssa -
    No it is not a scam - PocketMac is free and will provide the basic services the the desktop manager provides Windows users. You will still need access to a Windows machine in order to do firmware upgrades however.
    You will not regret your decision to go to the Bold. I too have owned virtually every phone from the iPhone 2G, Curve, iPhone 3G and the Storm. The Bold by far continues to impress with its speed, form, and flawless function.
    Best of luck.
    Good info! I don't own a mac so I couldn't comment. Glad to see someone did!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast