Money being equal - which phone is better the bold or the 8900.. I have ... BlackBerry Bold forum

moveovr no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold or 8900

Advertisement

Money being equal - which phone is better the bold or the 8900.. I have been going through the pros and cons of both - and cant decide which one to get. So I am asking fellow stackers..

Thanks

JeffNNJ no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had both. The bottom line is which carrier works best in your area. I loved my Bold but with AT&T I had no reception in my house. That said, you really can't go wrong with either. One thing you may want to consider is size. If you're going to carry it in your pocket, the Bold is kind of big, especially if you keep it in a case. IMO, you really can't go wrong with either.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    They are both great phones. Everyone is gonna have a different opinion. Research the phones and pick the phone that picks your lifestyle the best. There will be one that's better for YOU and not neccesarily for another person. And mind you, the 8900 is coming to ATT soon.

Personally I would buy a carrier phone because the warranty is key IMO.

moveovr no está en línea Stack level 1

Bold or 8900

Im with AT&T - I will keep the phone on the hip with a Seidio Case and holster. Should I get the Bold now, or wait for the 8900..

peterthill no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    281860C8
    That's a very good question: To Bold or not to Bold

I'm happy with my one but since last week I'm twisted minded cause
    I've got half an hour with a 8900 and my opinion is that's two of the best devices RIM ever build.

Ok, on the other hand the software is particular a bit weak but with the .216 my Bold works flawlessy

My 2ct
    Peter

~via smartphone~

Jazzyl no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2521CB60
    BOLD one way

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    Can't speak about the 8900 becuse I've never used one. Had several 83xx series Curves. If you live in an area that supports 3G, the Bold is hard to beat, screen size, resolution, speed and ease of operation make it a great device. ~via 9000~

theuprightman24 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I had the same dilemma - in the end the decision was taken out of my hands as the shop didny have any 8900s in stock.

I now have the bold and I am very happy - the only thing that put me off of the bold was the size - this disappears after a few hours of use. To be fair it aint that much bigger, you also quickly get over the different back cover.

Everything about the bold is amazing.

No matter which handset you go for you will love it - its a Blackberry after all.

The questions you have to ask yourself is - does 3G matter to you? Does having the most power BB matter.
    If you answer yes to either of the questions then go for the bold.

~via smartphone~

PIN/ID
    Apple
    IMO, if you have at&t and live in a 3G area the choice is obvious if you want a phone right now. I love my bold, the size is not an issue for me as stated above its not that much bigger and after a couple of hours this goes away. The keyboard is one of the bolds best feature I think and although I can't make any comparison because I have yet to use a 8900 I don't think it can match the bold in this area. Also the faster processor, speaker, and its still the flagship from RIM. I don't think any things going to take its place until the touch screen version of it comes out. Lord what will I do without a track ball,lol. It personal preference but like I said if you carrier has 3G why not have a device that can take advantage of it. ~via Bold~

superman2683 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20e07eda
    Seems to me most are leaning towards the bold and as a current bold user myself I cant say i disagree. yes the 8900 has the size factor but thats about it. the bolds keyboard is much better and is a lot quieter when typing. also if you do live in a 3g area you cant beat the speed and the ability to talk and email at the same time. or for those of us that are bb messangeraholics we can bbm all we want with no interuption.

TheBigNewt no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'd say that you have to determine how fast ATT's 3g is where you use it. I have the 8900 with Tmob and because it has UMA you get a great signal where you get WiFi. I keep mine in my pocket in a pouch and the Bold's too big, you need a belt holster for that. Typing on the 8900 is great, a little better than the Curve due to the key shape/angles. The phone is slightly narrower than the Curve. Download are faster than my Pearl even without WiFi. Battery lasts me 2 days so far.
    BB Pearl, Seidio rubberized case.

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    Just for your information, the information you're receiving from here is biased. If you post this in the 8900 forums, you will probably get the exact opposite answer.

shanedogg no está en línea Stack level 2
    I have the Bold, and have nothing but good things to say about it. Comparing it to the 8310 I had before it, the Bold feels more grown up.

3G is awesome, and the speed that the Bold does everything is great. While a smaller phone might be slightly more convenient i will take the Bold's hardware any day!

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    I use them both. Today I ordered an HTC G1. So..... Which one am I retiring?

I am ditching the Bold. I have only one reason for this. It is HUGE. I feel like I am holding a deck of cards beside my head when I am talking on it. I can one-hand the 8900, but the Bold is too heavy.

If 3G is no big deal to you, the 8900 is the way I would go. Indeed, it is the way I AM going.
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

jdchamp31 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    24A7ED37
    I have the bold and 8900 and besides the form factor I feel that the bold is a better device.
    ~via smartphone~