Now that, "The Missing Sync" has now announced that they support the BOLD, does that ... BlackBerry Bold forum

OatMichelle no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Bold Now Supported Through (The Missing Sync)

Advertisement

Now that, "The Missing Sync" has now announced that they support the BOLD, does that mean that I am able to get software updates through using the program on my MAC and not just backing up my device? I would also like to know should I just install Windows on my MAC and use the actual disk as my main form of updating my device though buying a Windows OS disk may cost more then just buying The MIssing Sync program. Help!!

joewoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    22CF1F2F
    With the windows.. U will be able to do muuuch more...vs buying a program that does just one thing...

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Basically just use BootCamp to create a Windows partition on your HDD and use the Windows Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Ive been using the Missing Sync with my Bold since august but all it does is Sync stuff, no upgrades no backups etc...
    So yeah Windows is the way to go.
    RIM did announce new Mac Tools coming in for Q1 2009. Cant wait!

rob7100g no está en línea Stack level 1
    If you want to sync iCal, Address Book, Tasks, Entourage, etc, you need Missing Sync. To load new OS, apps, etc, you need DM on Windows and that means a PC, an emulator or Boot Camp.

Can't wait until this is all done OTA and is independent of operating systems. Anyone know what Wireless Upgrade is in the Advanced Options on the Bold?

Still find Missing Sync can't sync recurring tasks properly and adds them to the Bold one day too early. Really messes up birthdays when I call someone a day early. Nobody likes a premature congratulator.

Karpfish24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    243fd52f
    I used to use MS but got fed up with sync issues I had with it so I installed windows via VMWare Fusion and installed the DM and now use that. So much better than MS and many mroe features.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ranxoren View Post
    Basically just use BootCamp to create a Windows partition on your HDD and use the Windows Blackberry Desktop Manager.
    Ive been using the Missing Sync with my Bold since august but all it does is Sync stuff, no upgrades no backups etc...
    So yeah Windows is the way to go.
    RIM did announce new Mac Tools coming in for Q1 2009. Cant wait!
    This is probably a stupid question, but what is bootcamp and how does it work? Is it free?

gatechfireblade no está en línea Stack level 3
    I use desktop manager for everything. I have parallels 4.0 and desktop manager works great. I have done os upgrades and they work without a hitch. If you have parallels 3.0 it Will not work. Bootcamp is fee, but you will have to reformat your hardrive and create two separate partitions. With either vmware or parallels no reformatting is necesary but they are about 100 bucks each. Well worth it in my opinion.