Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hello. i'm looking for an unlocked Bold and i've come across a great deal on ... BlackBerry Bold forum

MacFly69 no está en línea Stack level 2

BOLD ~ No Box

Advertisement

hello. i'm looking for an unlocked Bold and i've come across a great deal on a Bold that has no box - only the unit itself and a charger.

the unit is brand new, unlocked and unbranded.

she tells me that the unit was given to her by her friend in the wireless industry and they use these phones to "promote" BB. is this in fact something BB does?

can someone shed some light on this. if it's stolen property, i do not want to get stuck with such an item.

thanks in advance.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    What's her seller rating on eBay? And if you win the auction and pay with PayPal they have an amazing buyer protection plan which will pretty much g[FONT=Verdana]uarantee [/FONT]
    your money back if you find out the phone doesn't work accordingly or you cannot get the PIN released.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    I wouldn't buy it just because that it might be a stolen device. Maybe someone that works in the wireless industry may know the practices for promoting a device. If it is up to me, I would not get it just to be on the safe side. You may end up with a very pricey paper weight.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    ask the seller for the pin and esn number and call and check it out.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

she's not off of ebay. i will be meeting her tonight to test the phone out myself. she tells me that she's stuck her own TMO SIM card and it's worked fine.

the phone is unbranded, so it leaves me to believe no carrier will help me with it. i'm sure it'll have an older software on it, but i'll just upate it.

i'll keep you all posted.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Tread softly, MacFly, and good luck. This "...the unit was given to her by her friend in the wireless industry..." sounds a little fishy to me. It would have to be a really GOOD friend - don't you agree?...but it could be true.

Trust your judgment when you meet.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    what is the price?
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

Quote Originally Posted by jblackfish View Post
    Tread softly, MacFly, and good luck. This "...the unit was given to her by her friend in the wireless industry..." sounds a little fishy to me. It would have to be a really GOOD friend - don't you agree?...but it could be true.

Trust your judgment when you meet.
    thanks for the heads up. she has been honest and upfront, so much we're corresponding via her work email address with address and everything.

we are meeting tonight at a starbucks.

price is $450, but i'm negotiating it down.

PIN/ID
    AskMe

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    Quote Originally Posted by MacFly69 View Post
    thanks for the heads up. she has been honest and upfront, so much we're corresponding via her work email address with address and everything.

we are meeting tonight at a starbucks.

price is $450, but i'm negotiating it down.
    Unless you buy it for under $100 you are risking a huge loss. If money is no object well then.....

I just bought a brand new one from let's talk for only $149, full warranty, AT&T branded, for a family member, I just checked the tracking no. and it will be here tomorrow as promised! Why would you buy one without the box, it's totally worthless if something goes wrong, at least if you had the box you could appeal to RIM but without the packaging you are throwing your money in the toilet.

krosli no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    747101D2
    Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post
    Unless you buy it for under $100 you are risking a huge loss. If money is no object well then.....

I just bought a brand new one from let's talk for only $149, full warranty, AT&T branded, for a family member, I just checked the tracking no. and it will be here tomorrow as promised! Why would you buy one without the box, it's totally worthless if something goes wrong, at least if you had the box you could appeal to RIM but without the packaging you are throwing your money in the toilet.

I have to agree with Archer completely. Why would you want to spend so much money on a bold that does not have any packaging on it. Does it come with like the holster and the CD?

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8
    What you may not realize is that RIM will not even talk to you unless you have the box. If you are missing the CD, the cable and everything else, you are still ok. But without the box it's worthless. The IMEI is on the box and you need the box.

Quote Originally Posted by archer6 View Post

if you can get me that Bold for $149 W/O contract and a straight purchase....i'll take two!

unfortunately, she got a offer that was down the street from her and she went with it!!!

thanks everyone for your input. if someone see's a good deal out there, pls do let me know!

Ge
    Ge no está en línea Stack level 4
    It could be worse. She may have a pre-production unit that has the pin banned. Just because it works with T-Mobile or an AT&T SIM, does not mean the Bold is any good.

very true! i guess it wasn't meant to be. i'm actually gonna use the Bold to hold me over 'til the Storm comes - no pun intended!lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast