Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by Ridicule I think part of why they walked away from Verizon was ... BlackBerry Bold forum

archer6 no está en línea Stack level 8

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Ridicule View Post
    I think part of why they walked away from Verizon was also the CDMA issue (world-wide roaming being problematical - you need to populate a GSM radio in the device as well and work out how you're going to handle IIF and non-IIF scenarios).

The other thing is, it's not just the towers that need additional radios installed on them, it's also the bandwidth feeding the towers....and in some areas, that "last mile" might not even be AT&T's network - they might be looking at 60-90 day delivery times from the local carrier.
    Excellent points!
    As you mentioned there are indeed, many challenges to be dealt with when rolling out a new device that operates on a distinctly different transmission speed.

Cheers
    sent via BlackBerry

HeavyComponent no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    TP2 :D
    Not a surprise guys.
    T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro2 & I'm not coming back! :D

--HeavyC.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I still think ATT should have taken the chance of building it while rogers was doing it. Rogers had its 3G network even before any interesting 3G phone was released here and since then we're getting 3G phone all the time (n95, K850, iPhone, Bold, Touch Diamond coming soon etc...)

bbCT no está en línea Stack level 2
    its not comin out oct 2nd no more?!!!

scboatman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    249DF3C6
    We'll soon see if the Oct 2nd will hold up. Sometimes people like to play games, so that document could be fake.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    scbMobile
    Supply, Train & Deploy!

The longer the wait, the better the BlackBerry will be. It's just a fact of life. If we look at this intellectually as opposed to emotionally it makes sense.
    Where would we be if all business was run by emotion? A question designed to make you think...

sent via BlackBerry
    (wap.pinstack.com)~

PIN/ID
    LESS
    But I hate waiting

moses2628 no está en línea Stack level 6
    Tell me about it! I am waiting for the Javelin!!!!!!

mcawthon2004 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    313d77b4
    I really don't care anymore about release dates from this source or that source whenever my friend that works for ATT tell me they have it in the store or I see it in the store I will buy it but until then I will be waiting with my Curve that I am happy with so far! ~via BB8310 (wap.pinstack.com)~

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5
    Import a bold and get it unlocked!

Capdot no está en línea Stack level 5
    Maybe its a blessing in disguise that ATT has to pour money into they're network to Better it due to iphones crappy design flaw. Could be better for us ATT customers in the long run.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    Maybe its a blessing in disguise that ATT has to pour money into they're network to Better it due to iphones crappy design flaw. Could be better for us ATT customers in the long run.
    In actuality AT&T had already planned for the expansion of their network based on what turned out to be their accurate projections of an increase in the number if all brands of 3G sales. Thus the impact of the iPhone debacle only accelerated the need for increased capacity. Had Apple been forthcoming about the crude way the crafted the bandwidth of their phone, there is a good probability that AT&T would also have passed. This would have left Ape to foist off their device on another network. Cloak & Dagger style does suit Apple well.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313
    Quote Originally Posted by Capdot View Post
    One billion dollars to fix this problem? Oh god!
    And who do you think will have to pay for the fix?? Not AT&T! Not Apple!! Not RIM!!

YOU GUYS!!
    If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. - Carl Sagan

PIN/ID
    LESS
    nah just Sirthinks...I already shipped ya the bill to all your last 5 addy's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12